Pre-Match Thread

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Olsen

Cash       Chambers      Mings      Digne

K. Young   Dendoncker   Luiz       ramsey   

Coutinho 

Ings

Is Ramsey fit and will they risk him if he is?

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is Ramsey fit and will they risk him if he is?

Tough one - I think he will want to get some minutes in to be honest. I’d like to see something like:

Olsen

Cash Chambers Mings Augustinson

Dendonker McGinn

K Young Ramsey

Ings Coutinho

With the likes of Feeney, Bogarde, Wilson being on the bench and coming on for minutes if comfortable. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Last time there was 3 generations of Taylors at the game

The old chap , me and the lad was over 15 years ago

last time for me was that freezing snowy Christmas when Liverscum scored in the last minute.

My son was wearing shorts, my dad was almost hypothermic. It was the last time he went to a game.

• Sad 2

I'd be tempted to go as full strength as we can. What else do we have the slightest chance of winning or how else are we going to get into Europe this season? We don't need reminding that we haven't won a major trophy since '96 nor the FA Cup since bloody '57! 

I'd take a cup run and finishing 13th in the league come May rather than not and finishing 11th!

Newcastle make 8 changes and lose to League One opposition as a result. One of the usual warnings on FACup 3rd round day.Important to be strong enough to win this one.Perhaps the luck on FACup draws might change...

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d start with kids and second string for all 11 players. They should be good enough to beat Stevenage.

Keep the first 11 on the beech in case a couple are needed.

I wouldn't take this tie lightly at all. They are flying in the league and will most definitely be up for this.