Pre-Match Thread

OutByEaster?

Damn, still testing positive for Covid so the second game I have to miss.  Don’t have home game for ages because of World Cup, then when we get a run of home games I get Covid for the first time….surely will be gone before Leeds game.

Watching on tv is still a poor second but at least it’s on tv and not some dodgy stream.

Was a strong U18 line-up yesterday, which indicates that not many youngsters will be involved today, as if a lot of youngsters were involved today that would mean them not being able to play tomorrow for the U21s, which in turn would have meant the U18s being rested to play in the U21 game, but that didn't really happen. Unless of course they ask some of the U18s that played yesterday to also play tomorrow, which wouldn't surprise me, but we'll see.

At the very least I think we will see Kadan Young and Bogarde involved, maybe Tommi O'Reilly as well, there will probably be scouts at tomorrows game so might want some of the ones that we're looking to loan out to play in that game.

• Haha 1

Our reserves are good enough to win this game, but it is the cup so it doesn't matter what team we put on the pitch. They need to be up for it and not underestimate them. If we don't we will win this.

Had a message from a mate last night to say he'd had one of his hospitality guys drop out, so I've got a freebie for this.

I think we'll go fairly strong with a few kids on the bench with a plan of giving 2 or 3 of them 15-20 mins.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, useless said:

Was a strong U18 line-up yesterday, which indicates that not many youngsters will be involved today, as if a lot of youngsters were involved today that would mean them not being able to play tomorrow for the U21s, which in turn would have meant the U18s being rested to play in the U21 game, but that didn't really happen. Unless of course they ask some of the U18s that played yesterday to also play tomorrow, which wouldn't surprise me, but we'll see.

At the very least I think we will see Kadan Young and Bogarde involved, maybe Tommi O'Reilly as well, there will probably be scouts at tomorrows game so might want some of the ones that we're looking to loan out to play in that game.

With a league game not until next Friday and Emery still tinkering/learning, I expect mostly a full strength, main 16 players playing today.  I don’t expect any of the younger ones unless we go 4-0 up or give them 10 minutes at the end.  I don’t think Emery wants to take any chances and will take it more serious than usual.

Honest to god, I am desperate for a cup run. I’m sick to death of the abysmal record we have in this cup recently. We have been quite unfortunate in terms of teams we’ve been drawn against but I’d love to have a cup run to keep the season alive. Pretty certain we will get United in the next round though. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Damn, still testing positive for Covid so the second game I have to miss.  Don’t have home game for ages because of World Cup, then when we get a run of home games I get Covid for the first time….surely will be gone before Leeds game.

Watching on tv is still a poor second but at least it’s on tv and not some dodgy stream.

GWS, bud.

• Thanks 1