Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We look solid, but it's 6 at the back inviting them onto us all game long. Feels like when, not if. Need to show *some* intent to attack, there's defensive and then there's whatever the **** this is.

It's like with everything .... if this works and gets us points, it's ok.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I swear some of you are just waiting for something, anything, to have a go at Olsen. Pathetic.

Have to say i ahvw bene critic previously but he hasnt done anything wrong yet. But still another 45 minutes so wont count my chickens. Expect spurs to be alot better 2nd half

• Like 1

Watching us is horrendous. 6 across the back inviting Spurs to play right on our backline. It's like we want them to score because we are far too slow to counter. 

Edited by avfc1982am

Just now, AV82 said:

The 6-4-0 formation is an interesting one.

You can tell this is to counterattack the width Tottenhams wingbacks give them. The amount of times I've seen us exposed at the back post when playing against a back 5 is crazy. Emery master class.

We look good defensively. I have no problem with taking a more pragmatic approach away at Spurs.

But we need to do better with the ball when we get it in their half. Buendia is pretty much non-existent. Need him to make an impact here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also, think we underestimate the value of a random Ramsey gut busting drive up the pitch.

shame he's injured. would be my first pick ahead of Buendia rn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I swear some of you are just waiting for something, anything, to have a go at Olsen. Pathetic.

Agreed.

In my opinion, and as i said in pre match, he needs confidence and time.

He has looked slightly better to me in each game he's had.

He's no Emi, but he is nowhere near hopeless.

• Like 1