VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dean Sullivan AKA Jimmy Corkhill from Brookside, gone at 68

Met him a few times, seemed a nice enough man

I thought he was in his 60’s back in the 90’s when Brookside was popular!

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He was the reason Tom Lehrer retired - "Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel peace prize". 

Blair took up the mantle 

How in the name of all profanity did I not have Shane MacGowan in my pool.  RIP Shane. I bet they'll be playing that song of his all over the place now :P  :P  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

How in the name of all profanity did I not have Shane MacGowan in my pool.  RIP Shane. I bet they'll be playing that song of his all over the place now :P  :P  

He probably timed it to get the Christmas number one. 

Edited by mjmooney

It's amazing that he made it to 65

I worked a fair few Pogues gigs around the time of the first three albums

Don't think I ever saw him without some form of half bottle of spirits in his hand, always in a brown paper bag (American style.) I also never saw him fail to get up and do the gig which in itself was a bit of a feat, I thought he'd have been dead a long time ago

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Literally after I posted my post above I went to the deli up the road to buy some bread and it was on.

I don't want anyone coming on here and slagging off the Christmas song.  Just leave it alone!

Edited by sidcow