VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

tumblr_nmp95uilvK1tsuuvno1_250.gif

His dad seems like he was a bit of a lad, he was sent to England from Ireland because he seduced the maid, living with an aunt…. Yep he he seduced her maid too :D Though in fairness he did marry her as she was Joss Auckland’s mother

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Actress Annabelle Giles dies suddenly aged 64

Nope, nothing. 

Googled her, and it seems she appeared in several popular TV shows, none of which I watched. 

Nice looking woman, though. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nope, nothing. 

Googled her, and it seems she appeared in several popular TV shows, none of which I watched. 

The missus had a similar reaction and she’s the one that watches the sodding TV, I couldn’t believe she had never heard of her

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nope, nothing. 

8 hours ago, bickster said:

The missus had a similar reaction and she’s the one that watches the sodding TV, I couldn’t believe she had never heard of her

Midge Ure's ex wife.  Appeared in some of their videos. Also played a starring role in my formative years. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, trekka said:

Terry Venables gone at the age of 77.  I was surprised to hear of his age, in my mind I still had him in his 60s. 

Thanks for the memories of Euro '96, Terry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Thanks, listening to Sky News and they keep on saying gone at the age of 77. 

EDIT: They've corrected themselves. 

Edited by trekka

18 minutes ago, trekka said:

Sky News.....the pillar of all truth

20 minutes ago, trekka said:

The only reason I know is that he was born the same year as my dad👍

• Like 1

In reality, my good memories of England in euro ‘96 are two matches. Ok, two matches and Pearce’s penalty v Spain. 

Switzerland, drab. Spain, fortunate to get through. Germany, valiant defeat against superior opposition.

But he was a big character and my overall feeling towards Venables is positive even if in my own mind it doesn’t quite stand up to scrutiny.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In reality, my good memories of England in euro ‘96 are two matches. Ok, two matches and Pearce’s penalty v Spain. 

Switzerland, drab. Spain, fortunate to get through. Germany, valiant defeat against superior opposition.

But he was a big character and my overall feeling towards Venables is positive even if in my own mind it doesn’t quite stand up to scrutiny.

Probably his greatest achievement was managing to sell the fixtures and fittings of his nightclub twice

I like Venables, especially he found a place for a certain Villa player at the time, and unlike the current manager, who I would say had the least biased towards the bigger clubs and would pick players based on forms and merits at the time. Also seems geniuely a decent enough person.

One of the memory I had of him was I think he had some programme on TV teaching kids how to play the game. He was with John Salako (think he was an England player at the time). He explained the art of crossing the ball to a bunch of 10 yo kids, and then asked Salako to demonstrate, and just for Salako completely messed up hitting the ball out of play. Venables then just smoothly went, "kids, John just shown you all how not to cross a football."

The last thing I remember about Venables being involved in football was Eamonn Dunphy pretty much calling him a dodgy crook on live TV when he was linked to the Ireland job in 2008

Not sure he ever worked after that

• Like 1