VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

He has been in an awful way for some time, the great and the good have been visiting him and I think he was sent home to die. I had him on my list for next year. 

Yeah, I was going to put him on next years list after those photo's of him a month or so ago.

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Literally after I posted my post above I went to the deli up the road to buy some bread and it was on.

I don't want anyone coming on here and slagging off the Christmas song.  Just leave it alone!

Local co op not good enough for ya ? After something artisinal ?  A higher sourdough content ?

This smacks of @Xelatype behaviour 🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Local co op not good enough for ya ? After something artisinal ?  A higher sourdough content ?

This smacks of @Xelatype behaviour 🤣

Correct. Sliced bread is Rancid. Proper locally baked farmhouse loaf is SO superior it's like a completely different food product. I'm not @Xela. I put normal petrol in my car so I can afford proper bread. Priorities. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

He has been in an awful way for some time, the great and the good have been visiting him and I think he was sent home to die. I had him on my list for next year. 

without wishing to help a rival   , I would replace him with someone else now 

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

He was the reason Tom Lehrer retired - "Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel peace prize". 

I'm surprised nobody has posted "Who?" in response to this.   In fact, I'm even mildly surprised that you know Tom Lehrer.  I didn't realize his "fame" reached across the pond.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm surprised nobody has posted "Who?" in response to this.   In fact, I'm even mildly surprised that you know Tom Lehrer.  I didn't realize his "fame" reached across the pond.

Are you kidding? 

Poisoning Pigeons in the Park, The Elements, We'll All Go Together When We Go, I Hold Your Hand in Mine, Masochism Tango... 

He's a legend! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Correct. Sliced bread is Rancid. Proper locally baked farmhouse loaf is SO superior it's like a completely different food product. I'm not @Xela. I put normal petrol in my car so I can afford proper bread. Priorities. 

Shell V-Power and stale Mighty White for me ;)

Bloody racist bread. 

• Haha 1

John Byrne the playwright and artist has died. His most famous works are Your Cheatin Heart and Tutti frutti. In addition he also designed the covers for Gerry Raffertys albums City to City and Night Owl

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

he also designed the covers for Gerry Raffertys albums City to City and Night Owl

And before that, Donovan, Stealers Wheel and The Humblebums. 

This song is about him (Patrick was his middle name): 

Edited by mjmooney