VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

I never really paid that much attention to Trev and I’m too young to know him as a player but despite his association with them lot down the road seemed like a decent chap and a nice guy.

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Francis due to him being a million pound player was all over the news during my childhood, gone but not forgotten.

He wasn't the first million pound player

Clough in his autobiography stated that the fee was actually £999,999 because he thought a million pound transfer fee was ridiculous and refused to pay the full million :D 

• Like 1

More from the football pool of knowledge Kavah "I bought his autobiography as I wanted to know more about the man."

Obviously skipped the bit about where Francis grew up in his childhood.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Sky turfing out that clearing in the woods Kaveh to give an eulogy on TF. "Of course, he started at Birmingham, his home town club."

That's Trevor Francis, born and bred in Plymouth.

off topic but sky really seem to be dropping the ball much more lately on really basic stuff.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

off topic but sky really seem to be dropping the ball much more lately on really basic stuff.

Continuously dropping the ball employing him (and I've just read he's their CHIEF reporter!?)  and that other amoeba of knowledge Damesh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I think you're being kind to them. They've done this for a long time now.

• Like 2

He epitomises the transfer window silly season, he's not just a bullshitter he's an outright liar with no particular skill or even conviction in telling those lies

Its mad how's he's got a job there and they think what he does is acceptable

Then again I think the last time I watched sky news they ran a headline of "prince William refuses to answer difficult questions about his uncle" only to show a 30 second clip of William opening some school thing as part of a charity whilst the sky "journalist" shouted "is your uncle a paedo William?" they were obviously shocked that he ignored them

The whole thing is in the gutter

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

He wasn't the first million pound player

Clough in his autobiography stated that the fee was actually £999,999 because he thought a million pound transfer fee was ridiculous and refused to pay the full million :D 

Clougie would definitely know more than me on this , but I'd previously read the transfer fee was £975,000  and then Forest had to pay a £90k transfer levy and then VAT on top , which pushed it to more like £1.1m

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Sky turfing out that clearing in the woods Kaveh to give an eulogy on TF. "Of course, he started at Birmingham, his home town club."

That's Trevor Francis, born and bred in Plymouth.

Well he did play for them from the age of 16, went back to manage them, and lived in the west midlands so yeah I would say Blues was his club.

Same for Brian Little originally from the north east but moved down to Villa as a teenager.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I think you're being kind to them. They've done this for a long time now.

It’s definitely getting worse though, but that’s not a sky problem per se. Comments are just so throwaway / disposable now that there’s little to no accountability for the crap being spouted. 

I’m of an age where my immediate thought regarding Trevor Francis is him being Sheffield Wednesday manager.

I’m not old enough to really remember him as a player. sha weren’t on my radar during the late 90’s, so I haven’t got any associations with him from his manager role there. He’s kinda the Year Zero Sheffield Wednesday manager to me.

My next association with Francis I have is the clip below where Naseem Hamed confirms he bought his house. And Hamed slowly realising that perhaps he’s not quite as quick witted as either Baddiel or Skinner. 

43 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Rodney Marsh was a master of diving well before Francis.

That’s as maybe but I saw Beelzebub do it first.

• Like 1