VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Appearance tonight on Only Connect tonight for Dick. 

Yeah, I just said that to Mrs Sidcow. Coincidence eh? 

• Like 1

Indulge me for a moment, as this is someone none of you will have heard of, but it has saddened me. 

Shocked this morning to wake up to the news that we've lost the great Dave Foster, aka Dave Dodo-bones. I first knew him as proprietor of Scene and Heard Records in Leeds in the 1970s, and frontman of the excellent pub rock band Preacher's Dream, which I saw many times at the Royal Park. He was a neighbour in Headingley for a while, a local record label (Unamerican Activities) entrepreneur, and a tireless enthusiast for blues and Americana. In recent years he fronted a cracking little combo Mister Dodo Bones and the One-Eyed Jacks, and I was looking forward to seeing more gigs, but it was not to be. I'm going to miss the regular 'pings' on my phone which signalled another enthusiastic message from Dave, recommending some overlooked gem of blues, soul or country. RIP. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Legendary session drummer Jim Gordon died in prison/hospital. Many might know his name 'cos he played with Derek and The Dominos but he did much more than that - including playing with Steely Dan, so he must have been good ! Sadly had severe mental problems which culminated in him killing his own mother. You hear many of his contemporaries  praising his ability: Jim Keltner, Jeff Porcaro et al. Apparently had applied for parole several times but always refused. What a tragic life .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Tony Coe, English Jazz woodwind player, 88.

Quite a CV, worked with: John Dankworth Orchestra, the Kenny Clarke-Francy Boland Big Band, Derek Bailey, Stan Tracey, Michael Gibbs, Stan Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Bob Brookmeyer, Pierre Boulez ,Paul McCartney, John Martyn and Humphrey Lyttelton.

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Reports saying Lance Riddick, probably best known for playing Cedrick Daniels in The Wire, has died aged 60. 😔

Awful news. He was great as Cedric 

:(