Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Hopefully the newly rich, ex-twitter directors have a plan to bring out a Twitter2.0 which fixes the shit with the current one and puts it out of business.

Jack Dorsey, Twitter Founder, already has a new platform in a Beta stage. It's blockchain-based which already signals bullshit to me, but it seems it based off the direction they wanted to take twitter anyway, so could be a ready-made replacement that scoops up the pieces if Musk continues down the "bankrupt Twitter ASAP" route.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Jack Dorsey, Twitter Founder, already has a new platform in a Beta stage. It's blockchain-based which already signals bullshit to me, but it seems it based off the direction they wanted to take twitter anyway, so could be a ready-made replacement that scoops up the pieces if Musk continues down the "bankrupt Twitter ASAP" route.

If it’s blockchain based it’s total horse shit

• Like 1

Musk actually responded this to King. Like King couldn't afford 20 dollars a month. A while later he did add that it was the only way to get rid of bots. Haven't thought this buy through then.

"We need to pay the bills somehow! Twitter cannot rely entirely on advertisers. How about $8?"

• Haha 1

On 31/10/2022 at 07:35, Genie said:

You are probably 100% correct, but how many people do a road trip across Europe, and in a EV? The lady next door to me charges her Vauxhall at home each night. Same as my mate who just got a Polestar. That’s probably the case for vast majority of EV owners I assume. The charging network may be the best around, but not worthy of the price tag and for most won’t be the main reason to buy over the odds for a Tesla.

Sorry for going off topic 😬

Back on topic, I think Musk is going to be at the helm when both Twitter and Tesla collapse over the next couple of years.

The majority of Tesla's customer base is the "wokey, wokey left wing brigade" (over generalizing) but the white middle and upper classes are the folks who have bought the product and bought the shares. (Probably seeing similarities to Apple.)

It will be very interesting to see what Musk does with Twitter and how it will effect those customers. If he lets Trump back on I could honestly see people selling their Tesla's in protest (Vive la Revolution!)

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Elon doing great 😊 

Oh the replies on that are hilarious. L'Oreal attacking Free Speech apparently and are now going to be boycotted. Wow that's some mental gymnastics going on there. And it's not just one reply, theres f***tons of them, mentalists :D

what is the actual value of the blue tick? i know what it means but in terms of followers etc and revenue to the account what is it actually worth?

to me the whole thing seems **** daft but there we go, if a celebrity has a blue tick next to their name they get more followers, if they get more followers they use the platform to make millions of dollars, of which elon wants $8...the obvious answer to me (beyond delete twitter because its a dogshit platform) is just drop the blue tick if you dont like it

free speech is still free, she can drop the blue tick and tweet whatever she wants

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what is the actual value of the blue tick? i know what it means but in terms of followers etc and revenue to the account what is it actually worth?

to me the whole thing seems **** daft but there we go, if a celebrity has a blue tick next to their name they get more followers, if they get more followers they use the platform to make millions of dollars, of which elon wants $8...the obvious answer to me (beyond delete twitter because its a dogshit platform) is just drop the blue tick if you dont like it

free speech is still free, she can drop the blue tick and tweet whatever she wants

The blue tick is used to confirm authenticity. Twitter wouldn't be nearly as popular if it didn't have a load of famous people on it, and they are the advertising draw, so they are a lot of the value of the platform.

And if it's $8 to get a blue tick there goes the linked-authenticity of the blue tick, so Twitter becomes even more a platform of disinformation and even less functional.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I actually think that he wants to push the blue ticks beyond celebrity / business. It's stage one in making it a subscription platform. That will gain income and verified data is a much better sale in the targetted advertising market. If he gets traction on people paying for blue ticks, they'll just introduce a different colour tick for celeb / buisness (and a higher fee). Once he gets enough verified users, just watch the block unverified users option appear like magic.

The anonymous accounts that are currently applauding him are going to encounter a high degree of cognitive disonance when they have to pay to abuse people / ideas

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

one for things you often wonder i suppose but why do people keeping calling it a blue tick, when it's clearly a white tick  ?

It's clearly a colourless tick. Switch to Dark Mode, the surround is white and the tick is black, it therefore changes to your choice of background. It is also the same dark grey as the background in Dim Mode

I don't understand all the publicity this is getting. Social media is a vile cesspool which is harmful to people. There is no scenario where this isn't true.

You either stringently moderate it and then you split social media into different platforms like they have News channels or you just don't use it. 

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. I don't have any and life is perfectly fine. WhatsApp and the internet are on my phone I can get news from the places I want to like BBC, The Guardian, FT and Irish Times 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's clearly a colourless tick. Switch to Dark Mode, the surround is white and the tick is black, it therefore changes to your choice of background. It is also the same dark grey as the background in Dim Mode

This is why VT is undefeated for quality content, you just don’t get this level of analysis anywhere else

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â