Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't understand all the publicity this is getting. Social media is a vile cesspool which is harmful to people. There is no scenario where this isn't true.

You either stringently moderate it and then you split social media into different platforms like they have News channels or you just don't use it. 

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. I don't have any and life is perfectly fine. WhatsApp and the internet are on my phone I can get news from the places I want to like BBC, The Guardian, FT and Irish Times 

VillaTalk is social media.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

It is, but it’s also well moderated so you don’t get the vile rubbish you see on some platforms. And If you do, the post and poster are swiftly removed. 

Places like Twitter and Facebook are just horrible. 

Just now, av1 said:

It is, but it’s also well moderated so you don’t get the vile rubbish you see on some platforms. And If you do, the post and poster are swiftly removed. 

Places like Twitter and Facebook are just horrible. 

I was referencing the dis on social media. Social media is a lot more than just the big players. Name and shame, but don't group.

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

I was referencing the dis on social media. Social media is a lot more than just the big players. Name and shame, but don't group.

Have you not trounced TBAR enough?   The place is a ghost town.  Let them RIP for gods sake:crylaugh:

4 hours ago, limpid said:

I'm referring to the global non specific ones. Like Tick-tock, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram where you post something and it is viewable by millions or billions 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm referring to the global non specific ones. Like Tick-tock, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram where you post something and it is viewable by millions or billions 

After Unai leads us to Europa league glory we’ll have millions on here too 😜

How has he possibly managed to do proper analysis of who is needed and who is not in a few days?

He's probably tanked quite a few good and essential people who do key roles that he's got no conception of what they do.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get lots of downtime soon.  Plus the poor sods left behind will probably be very unhappy with double the work and nowhere to go for solutions/help on various issues.

Couldn't he has taken a good year or so to carry our a root and branch inspection of how it all works, who does what before taking action?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How has he possibly managed to do proper analysis of who is needed and who is not in a few days?

Quite simply, he hasn't

Threats of mass layoffs. Allegedly ordering people to work 80+ hour weeks. Instructing the whole company to print out their code(?!) so they can be code reviewed by Musk and his Tesla engineers. Announcing an end to working from home.

It's sabotage, there's no other reason for it.

And anyone who's worked in a hostile or failing company will know one thing - the good staff jump earliest. Twitter will be left with a demoralised, angry set of employees, consisting entirely of people who for one reason or another can't find anything else.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Quite simply, he hasn't

Threats of mass layoffs. Allegedly ordering people to work 80+ hour weeks. Instructing the whole company to print out their code(?!) so they can be code reviewed by Musk and his Tesla engineers. Announcing an end to working from home.

It's sabotage, there's no other reason for it.

And anyone who's worked in a hostile or failing company will know one thing - the good staff jump earliest. Twitter will be left with a demoralised, angry set of employees, consisting entirely of people who for one reason or another can't find anything else.

I'm not sure he's deliberately trying to sabotage it (although with Musk, I guess anything is possible). He doesn't want ideas, he wants brown-noses at the top table who will do whatever he wants. It's his way or the highway and getting rid of a whole bunch of people early lays a marker down for everyone else. 

If there is one thing the world needs right now it's a platform where you can say anything at all without fear of being reprimanded or prosecuted for libel, staffed by people who don't give a f**k. 

On 03/11/2022 at 09:17, villa4europe said:

what is the actual value of the blue tick?

I think it's partly a security system that should work to protect kids from imposters and evil people.

So,  parents and kids know the yare really following (Insert Marvel star for example) then they know its the real deal and not a Twitter user using the name as a method to talk to underage kids "Were you really in the film X" is fine as long as it doesn't get replied to from Bob in a caravan in Alabama using the same name.  If that makes sense ?

1 hour ago, choffer said:

I'm not sure he's deliberately trying to sabotage it (although with Musk, I guess anything is possible). He doesn't want ideas, he wants brown-noses at the top table who will do whatever he wants. It's his way or the highway and getting rid of a whole bunch of people early lays a marker down for everyone else. 

Maybe he is daft enough to think he can come in and antagonise all of his engineering department. SpaceX is widely known as SlaveX for a reason, after all. But it's one thing building a company up using this approach and boiling the frog as you go, and another thing to have such a night and day change.

If he thinks he can apply the same slavedriving policies to a company that's previously treated its staff fairly well, though, I think he's in for a shock.

• Like 1

Â