Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

If there’s a game I really want us to come back to win it’s this one.

It hardly EVER happens, it's not the Villa way.

• Sad 1

Just now, El Segundo said:

If you are watching same as me there is a woman co-commentating who would be a perfect weapon for those who say there is no place for women in the men's game.  Talking utter shite about what is and isn't a free kick especially. And the bloke, whoever he is, is just as bad. 

To be fair the commentary is often diabolical man or woman. The Luiz sending off against Fulham come to mind when they were fully supporting Mitrovic pathetic and obvious play acting.

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

also, I'm very disappointed we let Martinez continue on when it was clear he was going to need to come off. Concussions / head injuries are not to scoff at

He should miss the next game. We'll see how we'll the protocol works from now cause not taking him off when accessed was close to amateur. We could see he wasn't right.

They should not be asking a player if he is okay to play on, I thought this got changed recently!

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Southgate wasn't celebrating, he was laughing at the young kid. What reason has he to celebrate? Ridiculous accusation. 

Nah didn't even consider he was celebrating, just hate the sight of him generally.

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

If you are watching same as me there is a woman co-commentating who would be a perfect weapon for those who say there is no place for women in the men's game.  Talking utter shite about what is and isn't a free kick especially. And the bloke, whoever he is, is just as bad. 

The one who was questioning why there wasn't an early pen for a Mings bearhug? Or telling us what the medical staff were doing in real time, and then questioning why Emi was allowed to return to play only to be later subbed? And then saying still going to be some time added on, and the whistle immediately blows?

Yeah she is cringe af and shouldn't be co-commentating based on that and the fact she isn't good at her job, that's all.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I wouldn’t dare criticise them on TV with millions watching if I was a journalist.

Yep to be fair, I posted this without a VPN so I’m going to be watching my back for the next few months. 

tbf to us, we have had the better chances, we haven't capitalised unfortuantely and apart from that penalty, there hasnt been much between us. That should be seen as a big positve, it means the playing staff can hold their own in the main. When we get Emery on the training pitch with them, we will see a further marked improvement, that is guaranteed. not long until January and Emery will have quite a lot of the squad with him during the world cup. we can still get something out of this game, but regardless of today's result, things are really looking up for us :)

• Like 1

I think we've been a little bit unlucky, we've come with a game plan to frustrate and break and we've done that fairly well - we just need a bit more composure and quality in the final third. Newcastle have had a lot of the ball but haven't threatened us that often. I definitely think there's a point for us in this.

The long half I think ultimately counted against us, when you're the away team having to defend and chase you get tireder than a home team who have more of the ball and we looked a bit more affected than them by the length of the half.

Ref got the penalty right, but has let them get away with a couple of things and looks like he's slightly influenced by the crowd, the atmosphere sounds good and they're absolutely full of confidence, but we're by no means out of this. Booing a man with a head injury lacks a bit of class, but with this lot I guess we should just be glad he's still got a head.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've got two blokes, Gary Breen I think. They appear to want Newcastle to win.

Woman and a bloke I’ve got. 

The bloke ain’t great but the woman has been fondling Newcastles nuts since the first whistle.