Unai Emery

PeterSw

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep and there will be some Liverpool fans in areas they shouldnt be in the ground.  One of ours is sick with the flu at the moment and cant go today, so I was going to resell the season ticket for that game through the official ticketing but I figured a Liverpool fan would somehow get the ticket and I couldnt stand one of them sitting next to me today.  I couldnt go to the Chelsea game recently and the guy next to me said a youngish girl got my resell ticket and she was a Chelsea fan, with her Chelsea shirt on under her jumper.....in the friggin Holte End 🤬.  Bad enough having the officials on their side but having one of their fans next to me would be too much for me today!  I'm praying Emery gives us a great christmas present and stuffs these red scouse today and I would love it more if it was because of a bad VAR or ref decision.

I’ve had to endure bleeding manure fans in the North upper a couple of times in the past. One of them got thumped during the 2-2 draw when Benteke threw them around and I think Falcao equalised for them. 

hopefully with Emery in charge we’ll see those results less and less.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't need to be a meltdown from that.

High line shenanigans is fine, that's how it's been since Unai arrived. Even if it was completely suicidal against that Liverpool team I can accept that's the way we play. The subs was a bit pointless though, just a waste of time really. 

Yes, Watkins is a complete disaster but we were also very lucky Nunez is just as bad otherwise the score looks far worse. I think we can cause Spurs problems on New Years but again they'll probably slice through our high line. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Not gonna lie I'm pissed off with the lack of subs tonight. 

Why? Who would you have brought on to change that game? Coutinho?

I thought Emery did well in the tactical battle, but just got caught out by their superior player quality. It wasn’t one of those games where you come away thinking we didn’t stand a chance.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Why? Who would you have brought on to change that game? Coutinho?

I thought Emery did well in the tactical battle, but just got caught out by their superior player quality. It wasn’t one of those games where you come away thinking we didn’t stand a chance.

Had Ings on the bench? Even bringing him on with 20 minutes to go would have been better than waiting til it was too late in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Yet another manager who's to slow with the subs

Probably down to the fact there weren't any proper decent options on the bench.

History shows with Arsenal that he is very effective with subs and will make them early if needs be. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Can't blame him for a lack of subs when we were dominating the second half till the 75th minute and were hit by a sucker punch of a goal. 

I'd have still liked Ings and Coutinho on given how much possession and crosses we were getting in.

Just a bit odd he left it so late and the triple sub just seemed an afterthought with game over.

No drama though, 4 points from Spurs and Wolves should be realistic target.

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Had Ings on the bench? Even bringing him on with 20 minutes to go would have been better than waiting til it was too late in my opinion.

All the problems we caused them were from pace running into space. Not convinced Ings would have made a big difference, but I agree maybe we could have brought a couple of subs on earlier (if only to give other players a rest). But doubt the result would have been any different.

The game was lost when Bailey and McGinn failed to put their chances away. Also think we had a decent penalty shout? Can’t really pin it on Unai tonight imo, although perhaps we could have parked the bus and tried to nick it - problem is he’s probably thinking we’re not in a relegation battle and he’d rather just get his preferred system engrained in the squad, as if we keep playing like this we’ll pick up points, especially with Martinez and Ramsey back.

• Like 1

Only criticism.

Needs to sort out corners..too.many times we have too many back.

Their first prime example..all 10 in the box.

When I played the centre forward stayed out so it stopped two defenders getting forward...Watkins goes out and trent doesn't get that ball...they dont score.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Probably down to the fact there weren't any proper decent options on the bench.

History shows with Arsenal that he is very effective with subs and will make them early if needs be. 

We'll see when he buys some of his own players!

Â