Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, Villa 59 said:

We'll see when he buys some of his own players!

Absolutely. He has a huge job on his hands. Looking forward to seeing who he buys. 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Ramsey would have probably started, but I thought Mcginn didn't have a bad game. 

I don’t know I think if you’re going to play out wide you need to provide something on the ball, Mcginn played 2/3  ins-winging passes that was about it 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The difference in the quality of football since he arrived is massive. This fella is a winner and he will make us winners. If we were 2 nil down at half-time six weeks ago to a team like Liverpool, we would’ve lost 4 or 5. We came out in the second half and battered them for 20 minutes that’s the difference.

This isn't the Liverpool from 3 years ago.

Been very mediocre this season.

They are currently 6th. Lost 4 and drawn 4.

Playing a high line against the speed of Salah and Nunez was always going to be a kamikaze. I'm not sure why Emery chose this tactic?

Reminded me of the first half tactics Saudi Arabia played Vs Argentina. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This isn't the Liverpool from 3 years ago.

Been very mediocre this season.

They are currently 6th. Lost 4 and drawn 4.

See how they run since the restart then reassess. That will give you a gauge of how poorly or well we played this evening.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We've improved so much, so quickly.

Picked the right team IMO. 

I'd have like a sub, but we were knocking on the door for 30 mins. Any change may have had the opposite effect and ended our threat.

With much worse players, we made enough chances to score four IMO.

Agree some of the play today was lovely. If we were more clinical we could have got something from today. 

I do think one or 2 aren’t the same wavelength as others and maybe don’t suit what Emery wants, but one or two windows and this guy will transform us. 

Edited by av1

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We've improved so much, so quickly.

Picked the right team IMO. 

I'd have like a sub, but we were knocking on the door for 30 mins. Any change may have had the opposite effect and ended our threat.

With much worse players, we made enough chances to score four IMO.

That’s my only criticism of him from the game. Should have made a change sooner.

We were absolutely hammering Liverpool in around the 70 min mark, a few fresh faces and we might have been able to get an equaliser.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That’s my only criticism of him from the game. Should have made a change sooner.

We were absolutely hammering Liverpool in around the 70 min mark, a few fresh faces and we might have been able to get an equaliser.

If I look back, I think he was actually looking to make changes at one point, but as others have said, the momentum was heavily with us, so he probably didn't want to disrupt that, and was maybe trying to give them the chance to put things right?

I think he probably also never had faith in anyone on the bench to make a significant difference.

I'm one who is always moaning about subs, but Emery gets more benefit of doubt from me for obvious reasons.

Â