Unai Emery

PeterSw

Its’s inevitable he will leave - just when is the bigger question, if we are successful no doubt this will be sooner, than what we want.

We are very lucky to have him, the last time I felt such an affinity to a manager, was possibly Big Ron and Deano 

Paul Lambert really excited me, when he came in - sadly we know how this ended.

I think we just have to enjoy the moment for what it is

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Wonder when we’ll get the first Emery out.

I'm sure they are bubbling already lol.

In fairness, tonight was very disappointing.

Yeah " chuck money at it " shouldn't be the answer... but it's clear we are.lacking quality depth as well.

Just now, WHY said:

He needs to use the squad, the squad let him down. It’s that simple. 

Like against Stevenage.

We know we can't trust our fringe playes. How many times do we need to go over this?

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

He needs to use the squad, the squad let him down. It’s that simple. 

Whilst true, I do think if you make too many changes you're asking for trouble as no matter the quality of the players the team will look disjointed. I'd rather start with close to our strongest team and then swap in the squad players later in the game rather than the other way round.

I'm not too worried, as I still think we'll get out of the group, but Unai does need to make sure there is a well drilled team out on the pitch, rather than a bunch of strangers 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

So we’d lost once playing fringe players and we should never do it again, are you happy for players to earn £50k a week and never play? 

They aren't good enough to play. Clearly.

I’m backing Emery on the rotation. We have 5 more games with 3 at home to get it right. 

I really want us to beat Chelsea more then I wanted us to win this and half the team playing less minutes gives us a much better chance of doing this. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

Why bother coming onto a forum to discuss things if you're going to throw your toys out the pram if people disagree with you?

Emery is fantastic manager, I'm very happy we have him and he has been nearly perfect since he joined us but tonight he dropped a bollock and isn't above criticism 

That's where I am too. He's been brilliant, but the loss of Mings has really damaged him and away from home he hasn't really come close to getting it right yet. He will of course, but tonight was very poor.

I think Emery will have learned a lot tonight. The issue is, we were relying on our entire squad to see us through what is (hopefully) going to be a very busy schedule. Some of the players tonight just looked like they didn't want to be there, which is a real kick in the teeth when we were all buzzing for what was our first competitive fixture in Europe for over a decade (Yes, Hibs was Europe but I'm talking an actual competitive game on the continent).

The 2 changes in defence was a really odd decision, but I'm sure Emery will feel that his faith in that back 4 was misplaced and we'll go for a more settled defence in the next one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I think Emery will have learned a lot tonight. The issue is, we were relying on our entire squad to see us through what is (hopefully) going to be a very busy schedule. Some of the players tonight just looked like they didn't want to be there, which is a real kick in the teeth when we were all buzzing for what was our first competitive fixture in Europe for over a decade (Yes, Hibs was Europe but I'm talking an actual competitive game on the continent).

The 2 changes in defence was a really odd decision, but I'm sure Emery will feel that his faith in that back 4 was misplaced and we'll go for a more settled defence in the next one.

Problem is, I thought Emery would have learned a lot after the Stevenage game re make shift defences against in form teams (of any level) and yet here we are. 

Â