Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Unai starting to show some weaknesses? Is he struggling with the team which has been assembled? If so, earlier than I expected! 

…and yes, I posted this when it was 1-0. But still, some talking points to be had! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 2

Don't think he was a happy bunny today watching us play at a snails pace. However, he does know how to trigger the team and make the right changes to turn bad situations into good. That game was running away from us until he intervened and made the right changes.  

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Is Unai starting to show some weaknesses? Is he struggling with the team which has been assembled? If so, earlier than I expected! 

…and yes, I posted this when it was 1-0. But still, some talking points to be had! 

Denzel Washington Slamming Door GIF | GIFDB.com

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If he manages to finish in the top 8 with Mings and Buendia out for a whole season he is an absolute madman.

Buendia probably won't be out for the whole season - he could even be back by February/March.

Although I agree that Emery has done a good job given the injuries we've had.

Went absolutely mental at Cash when he booted the ball out of play in the 100th minute after it was 3-1 up instead of up the field. 

Also one of the few times he has a go at the ref when Johnstone went down for the excessive time wasting

He is a gentleman but make no mistake, Unai is a fierce competitor

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Went absolutely mental at Cash when he booted the ball out of play in the 100th minute after it was 3-1 up instead of up the field. 

Also one of the few times he has a go at the ref when Johnstone went down for the excessive time wasting

He is a gentleman but make no mistake, Unai is a fierce competitor

This is absolutely what we need. His genius perfectionism is not only crucial but also he runs a tight ship and it’s good to see him ensuring that even at 100 minutes he won’t accept lapses in concentration 

20 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

71 % win rate so far this season.

One of the great things about Emery, and I dont know whether he does it unintentionally or the team are set up to do it, but we hardly draw any games at all. And therefore you give yourself plenty of opportunity for a big win ratio and masses of points.

I've personally always had a problem with draws in the premier league because draws are far closer to losing a game than winning one, and the general perception doesnt seem to be that. As if it's a share of the spoils, which it isnt. I'm less fussed when we lose under Emery than I used to be under previous managers. 

We must have had about 3 draws since Emery has arrived in all competitions. 

• Like 2

Â