Pre-Match Thread

Sulberto21

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair they are in a very rich vein of form, but i'm not liking the fact that some are making the seem like peak Real Madrid and in utter fear.

Hopefully the players look at this totally differently.

They are Unbeaten at home. We’re yet to win away.  Odds on favourites. 

We’ve got this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are Unbeaten at home. We’re yet to win away.  Odds on favourites. 

We’ve got this. 

The caveat is that we had Gerrard as manager. No wonder we haven't won away. I'm surprised that we have actually won at home during that time! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

AVFC twitter going on a mad positive propaganda vibe since he who was sacked and i love it

SSN blaming the players again for not playing for Gerrard, although they know all players end up like this when the manager is about to go, or else managers would never be sacked.

No mention of system change or dropping a poor McGinn.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN blaming the players again for not playing for Gerrard, although they know all players end up like this when the manager is about to go, or else bo managers would be sacked.

Hopefully they will hype him up enough to get the Liverpool job. 

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN blaming the players again for not playing for Gerrard, although they know all players end up like this when the manager is about to go, or else managers would never be sacked.

I only ever see this kind of thing on here. I must just miss it every time it’s on sky sports 

The great thing Danks is doing is quite simple. Playing players in their proper positions. Then training them in those positions with a game plan in mind for the game ahead. None of this Watkins coming back into our own half for the ball. Was a hallmark under Gerrard. I used to cringe when i seen that. 

9 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I love it how the tone here has changed.

Even though I don't buy it myself. You lot are a bit mad. In a good way.

We won 4-0 last week, an finally sacked Gerrard, obviously we are gonna be a little more positive 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a really weird way to look at it, the way the media are spinning it. Like the villa players could win every game 4 nil and be top of the league but instead lost most games because they didnt like Gerrard.

This will be a tough game, i went for 2-1 villa win on my predictor app game however i would take a scrappy 1-0. i think they are good team but we shouldnt treat them like liverpool or man city. LOVING the positive setup again, we are going there with the intention to take max points. we all know our record there has been atrocious, lets hope today is the day that changes!

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

It's a really weird way to look at it, the way the media are spinning it. Like the villa players could win every game 4 nil and be top of the league but instead lost most games because they didnt like Gerrard.

Problem is we never really get quality pundits, or unbiased opinions with the likes of Sky Sports employing just ex players. Look at that independent pundit someone was talking about the other day, quality info no bullshit trying to look after their drinking partner. 

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

And despite dropped captain Mings posting how much respect he has for Gerrard. 

• Like 1