Pre-Match Thread

Sulberto21

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it all depends on the workrate and intensity, we can muster.

we know they have talent, and talent is permanent( on form) but workrate can vary.....it all depends how much of that, we can apply.

The chances are we will lose, but you never know, I never saw Sunday's game coming.

They’re unbeaten at home this season. I think they got a bit of 12th man fortress factor going on there with all the optimism at the moment. Be interesting to see how we handle it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They’re unbeaten at home this season. I think they got a bit of 12th man fortress factor going on there with all the optimism at the moment. Be interesting to see how we handle it.

they have to lose sometime.....Man city nearly did, (to us), on their pathway to the Title.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched an interview with Preece and a Newcastle fan.

Proper wound me up how confident he is that they are going to destroy us.

Hope we turn them over.

I’m just watching Newcastle spurs highlights. They should have been 2 3 down before scoring and I’m sure that was a foul on Lloris. I reckon Pope is helping them a lot. He really is a top keeper and underrated at Burnley for years.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They also have the best defence in the league so we should be banging in a few :)

It was only late last season, they had the worst defence .....interesting how shrewd signings can transform fortunes....not taking anything away from Eddie, but you do have to get your ducks lined up correctly.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched an interview with Preece and a Newcastle fan.

Proper wound me up how confident he is that they are going to destroy us.

Hope we turn them over.

Games, were never won the day before, Shaun.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m just watching Newcastle spurs highlights. They should have been 2 3 down before scoring and I’m sure that was a foul on Lloris. I reckon Hart is helping them a lot. He really is a top keeper and underrated at Burnley for years.

did you mean Pope?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

This season they have beat Forest , Fulham, Brentford , Everton and Spurs. It's hardly ripping the prem up and their not to be feared.

Call it false hope but I really do think we can beat Newcastle , maybe it's the fact Gerrard has gone and we looked rampant against an off form Brentford. Newcastle will start to drop points and I hope it starts with a loss to us. UTV 

not being picky.....but why does every team have to be "off form", when we beat them.....do other teams fans do that?, or is it just us, and the media?

I didn't think they were that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

not being picky.....but why does every team have to be "off form", when we beat them.....do other teams fans do that?, or is it just us, and the media?

Don't suppose they was off form, apart from that day and the one against Newcastle, although they beat manu 4-0. Similar results to Newcastle without the draws. 

Looking forward to the game for the first time in a few months , I wasn't even confident before the Bournemouth game. Amazing what a new manager boost can give us all. I see us beating Newcastle, I really do believe. 

Emery is coming anyway, so either the squad will be upbeat on 1 November  (if we win or draw) or more chastened (if we lose). For the moment the pressure is off, so hopefully another good result with Danks. 

Realistically: 2-0 or 2-1 to Newcastle, though.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

It's baffling, we never get any credit for our actual good performances.

As if we never have nothing to do with the other team being " poor ".

Then again let's see if the objectivity changes with a different incumbent in the hot seat 👀

1 hour ago, CBGB said:

Emery is coming anyway, so either the squad will be upbeat on 1 November  (if we win or draw) or more chastened (if we lose). For the moment the pressure is off, so hopefully another good result with Danks. 

Realistically: 2-0 or 2-1 to Newcastle, though.

I don't get this.

How is it that prior to this, the claims were that we had a better squad than Newcastle et al, but just the Manager was poor.

Now the Manager is gone, we are off the back of a scintillating performance,and some are now saying we should still fear Newcastle.

Seems a bit hypocritical or moving goalpost - ish IMO.

Unless some are finally prepared to admit that maybe our squad actually isn't as good as they were making it out to be?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

What a seven days it’s been since the Fulham debacle. Fair play to Danks last weekend though, playing players in natural positions and in a formation that we’ve all been crying out for.

Before Emery blows all our minds……………..

4-2-3-1 again and same team please. It’s going to be a tough ask but I think we can get something if we play at our very best.

Martinez

Cash          Konsa                Mings             Young

Dendoncker              Luiz 

Watkins                 Buendia                     Bailey 

Ings

Subs: Olsen, Chambers, Digne, Bednarek, Nakamba, McGinn, Ramsey, Coutinho, Archer 

Going to say 2-2   UTV

Gonna be tough and I imagine they'll have Almiron etc. target Young and the space behind Bailey. Workrate will matter a lot more than in the easy day out against Brentford.

It is nice to be excited to see how we'll do rather than the fixture list dread of the past couple of months.