Pre-Match Thread

Sulberto21

38 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So they’ve literally just copied the whole thread’s worth of comments and pasted with an introduction that shows they’re still pissed off at us for celebrating their relegation in 2009. 

Great journalism lads. 

Yea, gets a rise and some hits on their site stirring up the locals. Bit cheeky though not sticking a link to us. My tongue in cheek comment on em having a bit of a dip has proved popular, missed the punch line off though which I'm a bit disappointed in, "only scoring 2 away to spurs 😉

Suspect our visiting Geordie fan has an interest in "The Mag"

Just hope we don't get thrashed , and a win would be lovely , " The Mag" would get a visit 😝 

3-1 villa 

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The media are raving about them cause they are pouring money into the Prem. But in reality they might be sitting 4th but have only won 5 games drawing 6. If that's a team that are flying, it's gonna be a easy run in to top 6.

Given the record of journalists’ fate, who don’t tow their owners party line, you can’t blame the media for steering a careful route through the Persian Gulf. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We’ve always found it a notoriously tough place to go since the start of the PL era. They are flying. I think it will be a very competitive game which the score line won’t necessarily reflect. 2-0 Newcastle.

We haven't won there since 2005. It's absolutely absurd, especially when we've picked up a fair few wins against Newcastle at home in that same time period.

36 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I don’t think they are that good, 2-1 villa 

To be fair they are in a very rich vein of form, but i'm not liking the fact that some are making the seem like peak Real Madrid and in utter fear.

Hopefully the players look at this totally differently.

Squads on paper, all bias aside I’d take ours over there’s - I’d only take Bruno & Botman from their starting XI… 

Just shows what a well drilled, high intensity pressing team can achieve when coached properly…