Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

For me Smith was a real world manager, been there done it, and was growing with the club. Gerrard was brought in to take us to the next level quicker, well how is that going? I am extremely disappointed with his attempted style of play as manager. I haven't a clue what he is trying to do, and it is clear from the players neither do they. He needs to change is very quickly or he will not be here by Christmas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Just so we can all deal with reality rather than invented numbers. Here you are. Compare away.

image.thumb.png.db0d06d6a68ad4acb6f072e93d7ff2d7.png

So what you're saying is, Steve Bruce is a hell of a manager and we should never have let him go?

That win ratio 🔥

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

For me Smith was a real world manager, been there done it, and was growing with the club. Gerrard was brought in to take us to the next level quicker, well how is that going? I am extremely disappointed with his attempted style of play as manager. I haven't a clue what he is trying to do, and it is clear from the players neither do they. He needs to change is very quickly or he will not be here by Christmas.

I will always respect Deano, but him going was the right call.

I have been open to Gerrard (neither overly for or against), one positive is that there is no way some of these new players would have joined us under Deano - so thats a positive, but there are also many, many negatives im seeing that i dont like with regard to Gerrard.

I think Gerrard has just stepped on to the tight rope, if he doesnt get a grip asap its only going one way.

I find it ironic that i think Gerrard is mirroring Deano's last 12 months (poor end to previous season, loses first game of season to newly promoted side in a completely unacceptable way), if he doesnt get a grip soon Gerrard will go the same way as Deano i would guess, sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So what you're saying is, Steve Bruce is a hell of a manager and we should never have let him go?

That win ratio 🔥

Yeah, what pops to me is Gerrard is closing in on Tim Sherwood's 28 games... and he isnt that far off his win %.... gulp

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Disagree with this. Not a big Gerrard fan, but @Demitri_Cis right, you cannot be sacking managers because you lost one game at the start of a season.

So, because we made the mistake of not sacking him after his dismal management at the end of last season, we have to do the gentlemenly thing and let him carry on screwing up this season, great plan.

6 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Pochettino would jump at the chance to manage in England again, especially for a team who's willing to spend lots of money.

I can see how going from managing at Le Parc des Princes to manageing at Villa Park would be tempting.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

As much as I’d love Pochettino to be our manager, I think Brendan Rodgers is the manager we should be looking at next. He’d at least have us playing good football and get the most out of a squad that includes Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey, Ings and Watkins.

That is a very good suggestion, he cannot be happy with what is happening at Leicester?

3 hours ago, sne said:

World Cup break for me. It presents an unique situation to make changes if needed.

Think Poch is a pipe dream (never wrong to dream, sometimes they come true) but there are names out there that are gettable.

I'm pretty convinced by now that it will not work out as we hope under Gerrard but I don't think the club is at that opinion yet and I don't think we will act on it anytime soon regardless.

IF they do feel it's time to act I rather they do it during the WC break than wait until Jan. 

You got to do it before the WC break. Next international break he has until that's 19th of September and the perfect time to sack a manager. Get some more ideas in. Then he'll have a little while with the players to determine who is the best and what play style is needed then 8 weeks to train the lads before the January transfer window. 

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That win ratio 🔥

No, What he is saying is.....we are good at recruiting managers aren't we?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You got to do it before the WC break. Next international break he has until that's 19th of September and the perfect time to sack a manager. Get some more ideas in. Then he'll have a little while with the players to determine who is the best and what play style is needed then 8 weeks to train the lads before the January transfer window. 

Will he have to pay back, his Australian Holiday?

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

No, What he is saying is.....we are good at recruiting managers aren't we?

I'm trying to somehow amuse myself as a distraction to all of this mate.

Trust me, I'm not happy at all.

I hope to god this was just a colossal blip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A good management team would sack him now

Maybe Purslow is a coward and won't **** his mate over

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

me too.

but I fear, it isn't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Gerrard has never shown he's even a good a manager as Sherwood. His teams lack direction, drive, heart and belief. After the new manager bounce, he's been horrific. He still doesn't know his best team, he plays his mate regardless of form, his man-management is atrocious, his behaviour towards the press is poor, he takes no responsibility and has no ideas. He relied on a coach who upped and left as soon as he could and Villa have made zero progress during his tenure, only argument being whether we've actually gone backwards.

This isn't one game, this is basically every game in 2022. I think we'd have had a better season if we'd bought no one in the summer and just changed the manager. The only thing more laughable than Villa vying for a European place this season is the idea Gerrard can be Liverpool manager one day, I doubt he'd get any Premier League job.

But we're stuck with him as his mate Purslow has said he can stay while he plays his mate Countinho every week. Jobs for the boys.

There's not too many worse options than SG out there. Him getting close to being the worst manager we've had in recent history is quite an achievement considering the crap before. Smith needed to go but I'd still prefer him to SG.

Well, You've chosen a good day for it ( The post I mean)

because you are not likely to get many arguing after that debacle.

but fortunately seasons don't consist of one game.....so we will wait and see, if he has it in him to reverse that offering.....If not, I guess the club will act accordingly.

I guess Dean could still come back, as he has hardly cemented legend status at Norwich has he.?

• Like 1