Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

This won't happen soon unless the fans make it toxic or he lost a majority of the dressing room. Purslow will give him time this season to prove himself.

I do believe Pochettino would come here if asked.

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You don’t think Purslow already has a shortlist for the next Villa manager.   He’s a minority shareholder in the club, he will be protecting millions of pounds of his own investment by being ruthless when needed. 

I think we’ll run clubs, which we currently are, should always have a shortlist for replacing all senior positions, not least the manager. So I say he will have a shortlist and it may not be as far back in his bottom draw as it was. I don’t think it’s on his desk yet though. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sacking him in the first few weeks is almost an admission that it was a mistake to give him the summer, imo. I'll be surprised if he's here by the world cup though

Kasper Hjulmund will be Villa manager if we sack Gerrard at World Cup break

He was linked when we hired Gerrard

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

This won't happen soon unless the fans make it toxic or he lost a majority of the dressing room. Purslow will give him time this season to prove himself.

I worry the fans will turn toxic pretty quick. 

Another reason why I feel we got rid of Smith too early. He had a lot of good faith in the bank with the fans. 

7 hours ago, eholm said:

I fear he is out of his depth. Hasn’t changed anything from last season. No creativity and no intent.   Thanks 

My worry is, we have the creativity.....we just can't apply it.

Teams like Bournemouth are just stopping us playing.......Arsenal and Spurs were like this until they started getting a physical side in to their game.....we as a team are lightweight, and subsequently easy to take out.

We are a really good side, when we are allowed to be, we have creative players, other teams would be happy with......When the heavy boys arrive, we shrink in to our shell and our creativity dries up.

Newcastle have addressed this better than us....even playing Joelinton in to midfield and playing Schar and Burn 2 powerful centrebacks, Guimares is no shrinking violet either, they signed Wood too, to give them Umph when needed.....They have an ingredient, I think we are short of...physicality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kasper Hjulmund will be Villa manager if we sack Gerrard at World Cup break

He was linked when we hired Gerrard

His only top flight experience was a  20% win record at Mainz. No effing way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Teams like Bournemouth are just stopping us playing.......Arsenal and Spurs were like this until they started getting a physical side in to their game.....we as a team are lightweight, and subsequently easy to take out.

We are a really good side, when we are allowed to be, we have creative players, other teams would be happy with......When the heavy boys arrive, we shrink in to our shell and our creativity dries up.

Newcastle have addressed this better than us....even playing Joelinton in to midfield and playing Schar and Burn 2 powerful centrebacks, Guimares is no shrinking violet either, they signed Wood too, to give them Umph when needed.....They have an ingredient, I think we are short of...physicality.

And all of this comes down to the manager. 

You can bypass large, physical players with quick, incisive passing. You can train players to move the ball quickly and play at a high tempo. You can identify areas that are weaker and improve them with the right recruitment. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Let’s not look at 1 game in isolation.  Let’s look at 1/3 of a season, the last 13 games. 2 wins in 13 games.

Have we progressed in those 13 games?  Are we getting tactically better?  Do we seem like an unlucky team or just a clueless one?

Ask me in 5 games not 1 then i can answer the questions better

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Potter would be fantastic but hard to get. He gets to run Brighton exactly how he wants and seems comfortable there. Also seems destined for the England job, the poor man.

Potter has lost his best players at Brighton - he would have the financial clout at villa to succeed 

39 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I don’t see poch coming to villa - Rodgers  or potter may well make the move here but I think poch will wait for a bigger job with a top European  club 

24 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Brendan Rodgers? 

He usually has a good 2/3 seasons before a drop off. Wondering if that could be what we need.

In a row? I think you have to go back over a decade to find 3 good seasons from us in total :D 

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have said many times on here, it's a no brainer that we play much better when we play at pace. This is because the big stronger teams cannot keep up with us. You watch how Newcastle play, I'm sure it's down to inexperience that Gerrard hasn't seen this is the way to play if we are going to move forward. Slow pondurus play like yesterday, is gonna get us relegated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In a row? I think you have to go back over a decade to find 3 good seasons from us in total :D 

Yeah that could be why he is an option, we need some kind of success over a few seasons.

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t see poch coming to villa - Rodgers  or potter may well make the move here but I think poch will wait for a bigger job with a top European  club 

He likes the money. Pay him the big doe that the European teams pay, like we are already paying Gerrard, an I would expect him to come.

On that subject, Gerrard's contract stinks of Purslow being his mate! 

29 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Brendan Rodgers? 

He usually has a good 2/3 seasons before a drop off. Wondering if that could be what we need.

I just can't escape the feeling that Rodgers would take one look at this squad and be certain that he could have them playing good football and climbing up the league. A good 2/3 seasons under someone of his calibre is exactly what we need.

We'll wait til he's left Leicester and gone elsewhere before doing anything about Gerrard no doubt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He likes the money. Pay him the big doe that the European teams pay, like we are already paying Gerrard, an I would expect him to come.

On that subject, Gerrard's contract stinks of Purslow being his mate! 

Based on these rumoured numbers from last season, he's fairly middle of the pack for a PL manager

https://futbol.si.com/news/highest-paid-premier-league-managers-named-with-pep-guardiola-top

1. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) – £19m
2. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – £16m
3. Antonio Conte (Tottenham) – £15m
4. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) – £10m
5. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) – £8.3m
6. Ralf Rangnick (Man United)– £8m
7. Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds) – £8m
8. Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea) – £7m
9. Ralph Hasenhuttl (Southampton) – £6m
10. Frank Lampard (Everton) – £5m
11. David Moyes (West Ham) – £5m
12. Steven Gerrard (Aston Villa) – £5m
13. Roy Hodgson (Watford) – £4.5m
14. Patrick Vieira (Crystal Palace) – £4m
15. Sean Dyche (Burnley) – £3.5m
16. Eddie Howe (Newcastle) – £3m
17. Bruno Lage (Wolves) – £2.5m
18. Graham Potter (Brighton) – £2m
19. Dean Smith (Norwich) – £1.5m
20. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – £1.5m

Not exactly the mega bucks that are going to bring an elite manager her for personal financial gain above all else.