Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Either Nice are a better outfit than I thought they were, or Poch isn't as good as I thought he was.

They have rich owners but this summer signed a lot of highly paid Premier League rejects

• Like 1

Just now, Sam3773 said:

4 days between our lord and saviour Smith getting the boot and Gerrard getting the nod tells me we will almost definitely be exploring a few back channels right now. 

Who else is on Purslow heroes list. Graeme Souness, Bryan Robson maybe Glenn Hoddle

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Doesn't seem to have worked for Lucien Favre for some reason, seen him mentioned in this thread before.

I doubt they are players he likes working with that they signed and also players Poch wont like working with. 

They have one of better defences in the French League but have no attack. 5 goals in 8 games though lost on weekend as got a 9 second red card 😂

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

4 days between our lord and saviour Smith getting the boot and Gerrard getting the nod tells me we will almost definitely be exploring a few back channels right now. 

This 100%, he was absolutely in talks with Purslow before Smith got sacked.  He basically turned down the Newcastle job in an interview because he was in talks for the Villa job.

21st October - Gerrard "Do I look happy" interview
7th November - Smith sacked
11th November - Gerrard hired

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

In an ideal, imaginary world the board are on red alert at poch looking at the Nice job and spring into action 

Offer it to him right now. 

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

In an ideal, imaginary world the board are on red alert at poch looking at the Nice job and spring into action 

If it’s positivity you’re looking for, let me assist. Perhaps we’ve spoke to Poch to get an idea if he would be interested. The win v Southampton has stayed our hand briefly and now the Nice story is being leaked by Poch’s agent in an attempt to panic us.

I hope.

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

If it’s positivity you’re looking for, let me assist. Perhaps we’ve spoke to Poch to get an idea if he would be interested. The win v Southampton has stayed our hand briefly and now the Nice story is being leaked by Poch’s agent in an attempt to panic us.

I hope.

What a thought 

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

If it’s positivity you’re looking for, let me assist. Perhaps we’ve spoke to Poch to get an idea if he would be interested. The win at Southampton has stayed our hand briefly and now the Nice story is being leaked by Poch’s agent in an attempt to panic us.

I hope.

Likewise, it'd be more than enough for the trigger finger to tremble! 

Edited by Dale

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I hope.

Not a bad idea.  I did find it strange that Poch was very publicly talking to Nice while Favre is still in the job