Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No chance we’d go for Bielsa, nobody is that stupid at the Villa.  If it is a serious link I’d be surprised, probably just somebody saying it to p#ss the Leeds fans off  because he’s out there but he’s not the level we should be looking at.

FTFY😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There is no way we would pay anything like 30 mill euro to get Amiron released from his contract. If he shows a desire to join us then with just 18 months left on his contract we'll negotiate a much more palatable release clause sum. I'd be amazed if we paid anymore than £15 mill to get him. 

Apparently Sporting want Ronaldo but Amorim doesn't so it might be possible to do a deal that suits everyone

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well the most obvious one would be that he got Brentford promoted.

A team with a fraction of our resources, especially in the Championship.

Has also established them in the Premier League, playing attractive football in the same structure.

I'd say a lot of that is down to good recruitment on Brentford's part, having a relatively consistent style of play, and his having time to develop the team. Given another 3 years I think Smith would have got Brentford promoted.

Established? Well if you mean kept them up last season and 5 points above us this season then yes. 

He has had to change the style of football however, just watching some analysis last night which shows they play much more counter attacking football in the Premier League compared to the Championship.

As said, I like him, I just don't think he'd work out here. 

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

What makes you think they will want the job? 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You see that figure on the Horizon? That's the ship that sailed quite some time ago. 

My point was that that’s where we should be setting our sights first…. start high and work our way down from there 🤣

Not so sure on the “ship has sailed”…

As others have explained, we don’t know for sure if Poch has rejected us - that could just be more speculation. But I admit it seems unlikely… 

Haven’t seen anything on Emery (nothing on him rejecting us or us even having made an approach for him) and I’d like to think that we could make a shock/surprise/statement managerial signing in the way we have done so on the player side…  manage to bring in someone that no one had anticipated… and shut a few people up while we’re at it (many do like to look down their noses at us).

Regardless, we should aiming our sights high… at least to start off with…

It’s about time this club truly showed it’s ambition on this side of things rather than continually spouting hollow words or making unrealistic statements on goals or aspirations… less talk, more action please. We need a proper manager… we can’t expect to progress and achieve anything until we do… the last appointment was a complete disaster but it’s not too late to fix this mess and start making some actual strides…

Again, it’s been covered by others, but there is so much appeal about the club and we are arguably, that old cliche, a “sleeping giant”. We are such an attractive proposition away from the pitch 🤣, our resources (and prestige) exceed the majority of clubs in the division… we just need someone to make it work out there in games and get some proper coaching into these players… that’s an exciting proposition… it’s just about making the right decisions and making it work… we do have quality players that need elevating (through quality coaching and instruction) and need to add the “right pieces” to become a more balanced and creative team. 
There are so many players we have yet to see the best of and so much to bring out of them in terms of performances and visible talent…

Many won’t agree, but I feel that there is so much more to come from this squad/team… and once we start “clicking” or progressing it’s going to be really exciting and enjoyable… then it won’t be at all difficult for the right man to “win over” the fans… we just need to start playing some entertaining and effective football… just making us better in possession (learning how to pass and retain the ball better) will improve us significantly…

I hope we get this right… after a long while, I’m starting to feel some hope and excitement again…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

My point was that that’s where we should be setting our sights first…. start high and work our way down from there 🤣

As others have explained, we don’t know for sure if Poch has rejected us - that could just be more speculation. But I admit it seems unlikely… 

Haven’t seen anything on Emery (nothing on him rejecting us or us even having made an approach for him) and I’d like to think that we could make a shock/surprise/statement managerial signing in the way we have done so on the player side…  manage to bring in someone that no one had anticipated… and shut a few people up while we’re at it (many do like to look down their noses at us).

It’s about time this club truly showed it’s ambition on this side of things rather than continually spouting hollow words or making unrealistic statements on goals or aspirations… less talk, more action please. We need a proper manager… we can’t expect to progress and achieve anything until we do… the last appointment was a complete disaster but it’s not too late to fix this mess and start making some actual strides…

Again, it’s been covered by others, but there is so much appeal about the club and we are arguably, that old cliche, a “sleeping giant”. We are such an attractive proposition away from the pitch 🤣, our resources (and prestige) exceed the majority of clubs in the division… we just need someone to make it work out there in games and get some proper coaching into these players… that’s an exciting proposition… it’s just about making the right decisions and making it work… we do have quality players that need elevating (through quality coaching and instruction) and need to add the “right pieces” to become a more balanced and creative team. 
There are so many players we have yet to see the best of and so much to bring out of them in terms of performances and visible talent…

Many won’t agree, but I feel that there is so much more to come from this squad/team… and once we start “clicking” or progressing it’s going to be really exciting and enjoyable… then it won’t be at all difficult for the right man to “win over” the fans… we just need to start playing some entertaining and effective football… just making us better in possession (learning how to pass and retain the ball better) will improve us significantly…

I hope we get this right… after a long while, I’m starting to feel some hope and excitement again…

This is such a great post!

All of our players have value and can perform at this level.

For so long at Villa we haven’t had a coach worthy of the name.

I too really hope we can get one this time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Dyche until the end of the season?

God no…

Again, I really despair at some of our fans sometimes… and many of them confuse me… (not directed at you, not solely anyway. Keep seeing his name being brought up and it is really disappointing).

First of all… where’s the ambition?

Secondly… how many times have we complained about dour, turgid play or hoofball?

But then we actively ask for it??

It gives the impression that we don’t know what we want or don’t have a clue what we’re on about half the time (probably not far wrong 🤣).

With the owners and ambitions we have… we shouldn’t even be mentioning or considering him…

I am sick of British or old fashioned managers also…

Maybe some of us are too limited in our sights or knowledge or like a more “tried and tested” or apparent “safe pair of hands” approach… I have to be honest and say that that kind of sickens me 🤣

If we want and expect ambition from the club… maybe we should have a bit of it too 🤣

Surely, surely we want to see some entertaining, attractive football coupled with drive, determination, work rate… it doesn’t have to be one or the other 🤦‍♂️

I want to enjoy watching my team… that is paramount for me. 

I get the impression that some people believe that we are already in a relegation dog fight but that isn’t the case at all… there is still time to make something of this season and climb that table while setting ourselves up for a more positive future and making some real progress this time…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not for me. Aside from E Martinez , A Young, the rest of them that played Thursday night can also board a ship and sail out of here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

God no…

Again, I really despair at some of our fans sometimes… and many of them confuse me… (not directed at you, not solely anyway. Keep seeing his name being brought up and it is really disappointing).

First of all… where’s the ambition?

Secondly… how many times have we complained about dour, turgid play or hoofball?

But then we actively ask for it??

It gives the impression that we don’t know what we want or don’t have a clue what we’re on about half the time (probably not far wrong 🤣).

With the owners and ambitions we have… we shouldn’t even be mentioning or considering him…

I am sick of British or old fashioned managers also…

Maybe some of us are too limited in our sights or knowledge or like a more “tried and tested” or apparent “safe pair of hands” approach… I have to be honest and say that that kind of sickens me 🤣

If we want and expect ambition from the club… maybe we should have a bit of it too 🤣

Surely, surely we want to see some entertaining, attractive football coupled with drive, determination, work rate… it doesn’t have to be one or the other 🤦‍♂️

I want to enjoy watching my team… that is paramount for me. 

I get the impression that some people believe that we are already in a relegation dog fight but that isn’t the case at all… there is still time to make something of this season and climb that table while setting ourselves up for a more positive future and making some real progress this time…

I think it’s more that the current manager market is a mess because of the World Cup. This season is now about survival. It’s a write off after a poor transfer window and some bad luck with injuries. 

We need to just get through it. Somehow try and rectify some of the mess we’ve created with the imbalance of the squad in the Summer and go from there. 

Someone like Dyche, on a 6 month deal might make sense. Also might not, depending on your opinion.