Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why is the compensation so high? His contract runs out in 2024.

Release clause of €30m in his contract so unless we agree a lower figure with his club we aren’t getting him if we want him.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to agree. Amorim?

He sounds good and ticks boxes and has done OK in Europe. Think the payoff to Sporting could be a problem 

He is only managing a few seasons but his win record is incredible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Why is the compensation so high? His contract runs out in 2024.

It is in his contract. He had a €10mill clause in his contract at Braga, so Sporting had to pay that to get him. They then put €30 mill release clause in his contract.

We could put a £60 mill release clause in the contract if we manage to get him here, to get the money back if he is so successful that Real Madrid or a club of that calibre wanted him.

Granted Portuguese clubs are generally fantastic at getting big money for their transfers but I doubt it would need the full release clause for us to get Amorim. 

Portugal just like Spain have stupendously high release clauses put in every contract. Quite rare that those are the actual fee players/managers move for. It happens of course but they are there because contract requires then by law.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

It is in his contract. He had a €10mill clause in his contract at Braga, so Sporting had to pay that to get him. They then put €30 mill release clause in his contract.

We could put a £60 mill release clause in the contract if we manage to get him here, to get the money back if he is so successful that Real Madrid or a club of that calibre wanted him.

Makes sense. It would show some intent from our owners if we smashed the world record for a manager. We could have one of the best young coaches in Europe for the price as Wesley.

2 hours ago, daft said:

If you take that hit for us to keep Dyche away, your balls will be Villa legends for ever.

If it kept Dyche away I would take one for the team 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The compensation figure seems to be getting higher by the hour.

I thought it was 20 mill Euros yesterday?

Nah it’s always been €30m, it’s a world record fee. 

• Like 1

I feel like Amorim is my first choice, my only concern is whether he is a good choice to come in midway through a season rather than a summer deal where he gets a preseason etc.

Would definitely be a statement to pay his clause, the big question would be whether he wanted to come here?