Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/22 at 22:59

Terrible refereeing, never a penalty, Mitrovic charged into Luiz twice, but Luiz gets sent off for moving his head a matter of millimetres. Should have had a penalty  as well.

But 3-0 is the most we deserved, we played terribly. If Gerrard doesn't get sacked after this I'd be shocked.

This was a shocking display!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Gerrard was such a risk. It was a completely brain dead decision for an 3 year management career in a second rate league with only two teams could suddenly cut it in the best league in the world.

In hindsight, the biggest red flag should have been Gerrard’s dependency on an assistant doing all the work for him.

It was there for all to see, he even talked about it at length in interviews, how absolutely crucial his assistant was.

Gerrard has never been a manager. And never will be.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

The 2nd manager some of the players will have got sacked in 12 months. 

Or it could just those managers aren't good enough for this level

As much as it was sad to see Smith go after all he did, he's clearly not a Premier League manager.

And the current incumbent got the job on the back of a good season for a team in a league where there is only one real club to challenge against - and his opposite number from that time has just been sacked by a club in the Cypriot league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andym said:

Or it could just those managers aren't good enough for this level

As much as it was sad to see Smith go after all he did, he's clearly not a Premier League manager.

Could be, also might be the fact the players aren't good enough. I guess we'll see if we get an elite manager and if they can get a tune out of them. 

I do have a horrible feeling we were carried by Grealish. We've been garbage since he went. 

If NSWE don't sack Gerrard tomorrow then the Villa Park faithful need to turn on them as the custodians of this debacle. In the good old days we used to turn on Ellis if he didn't do what was required of him and he didn't like it so he acted accordingly!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could be, also might be the fact the players aren't good enough. I guess we'll see if we get an elite manager and if they can get a tune out of them. 

I do have a horrible feeling we were carried by Grealish. We've been garbage since he went. 

They are good enough to get top half, certainly better than 17th!!! 

• Like 2

Just got back. The best thing about the entire experience was the mood on the train when it went round he’d been sacked.  We were bloody awful all night and were lucky it was only 1-0 at half time.  The atmosphere was poisonous in the away end for most of the evening, but there was a spell of about ten minutes either side of their third goal where you could just tell nobody cared anymore. That’s death isn’t it?   Good riddance to an awful manager. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Turned it off after they scored the first. They completely dominated up to that point so no chance for us to turn it around. Clueless clown who thankfully are gone now.

Edited by NoelVilla

Probably for "The Games Gone" thread but wow football is really sh*t at the moment with all the ridiculous decisions, VAR, handballs, offsides (drawing lines), play-acting (Mitrovic) ETC ETC..

We were absolutely dire last night and I am not sure we were ever coming away from that with any points but no way is that a sending off or a penalty. Absolutely no way.

My non supporting Villa mate text me after the red card and said he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Said it was laughable. 

Yes, Luiz was stupid, but it's a yellow for both, nothing more. 

Not having that been handball either. Where on earth is Cash supposed to put his arms when sliding in to block the shot. Oliver (word removed) doesn't give himself any thinking time whatsoever and points to the spot. Have we had previous with him? Because I feel like he's "done us" before.

That said, we were crap before all that, crap after that and the best thing to obviously come from that is that he's gone.

These players need to pull their fingers out of their a*ses and start digging in because if they don't we will be back in the Championship whoever is in charge.

Virtually impossible to pick a MOTM - voted Young, because I don't remember him making a f*** up, only him, Martinez and Mings came out of that with an ounce of dignity (but Emi probably should save the pen and Tyrone doesn't need to get himself on the scoresheet 🙄) Luiz was also "ok" prior to his brain fart moment.

As for some of the others, Cash needs real competition, his performances are well below what is required, Chambers should be playing instead of Konsa, Ramsey was totally anonymous, McGinn had his worst game in a Villa shirt and there's been a lot of bad ones this season. Watkins headless. Bailey OMG, don't know where to start, so I wont. Ings leggy.  

I am going to with positives - There was two (SG being sacked) and more importantly - The travelling fans were absolutely fantastic from start to finish, supporting the players / club whilst aiming a few digs at SG which they were / are fully entitled to do. The fans deserve better than what was served up last night (and this season)!  

Aaaand breathe - Bring on Brentford... Football eh 🙄

Â