Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

We are allowed, and I would appeal it.  I think the appeal would fail though

Definitely would fail. It was a pretty soft sending off but D L should know you simply can’t do that or you will get sent off 95% of the time, particularly with the help of extreme amateur dramatics from Mitrovic

I'm not sure I'm ready or willing to conclude that our position and standing at present is a matter of SG being poor, as if that were the sole cause of our team not performing as we would hope, and expect. 

I don't like what I'm seeing under SG, and anyone who's paid attention to my posts will have seen that I said I wanted him out before reneging to allow him some time. That's something I haven't done as a Villa fan and supporter. I like to look for what people do well before I look for flaws.

My inclinations aside, I don't believe and had the feeling that SG is up to the task of raising us to where we need to be.

The answer might seem obvious, that SG isn't up to this. However, what about the question of whether or not the team and executive level decision making that appointed him? Are they up to this?

Smith may not have had the reputation and contact list to recruit the kind of talent that we need. That said, he was, and at a guess still is, exactly what we need and want for the position he and SG occupy. A good football coach and mind. He can develop, implement and instruct in a way that has his men playing the way he envisions for them. I did like Smith. Apologies for getting carried away with another long winded post, but I really do not know if the roots of our current poor standing are all SG.

The strength of the team is in the individual, and the strength of the individual is in the team.

The responsibility goes way beyond SG.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

What the f**k was that!! 🤬 ref was a p***k … the players were an absolute disgrace tonight, clear as day they want Gerrard gone! cant believe that performance really cant 3-0 to f***king fulham … well the obvious will happen now 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Villarcana said:

Gerrard gives a great high five. Only Young looked like he gave a shlt 

Give the Job to Critchley. Give it to Ashley Young, give it to Mark Bosnich , Give it to a block of Tofu

Anything but this

Give the managers job to liz bloody truss, she will do a better job than the idiot we have currently in charge

I thought it was a red tbh first time I saw it. The ref looked at it a couple of times on an iPad and probably thought it was too.  Seeing it again though I’m not sure.  

The red played little part in us losing that though; it was simply awful.  

8 minutes ago, John said:

They wanted it much more than most of our players did. How can we put on a show like that after giving Chelsea such a decent game at the weekend? I guess we have grown used to this sort of inconsistency though, its nothing new. We played a Fulham team playing at their very best tonight, a soft penalty and a harsh sending off didn't help, but we made it far too easy for them. :(  

The thing is, the Fulham players know their roles, they know where they need to be on the pitch in different situations, and they know where their teammates will be. Because they have had it coached into them.

That allows them to go full throttle; for example, if a player needs to press, they can 100% commit because they know their teammates will adjust positions to back them up.

We don't have any of that, we have a system that is basically 'hope someone can create a moment of magic', so we are hesitant on and off the ball. You may get the odd period where is clicks (Man City and Chelsea first half), but overall its going to lead to problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm not sure I'm ready or willing to conclude that our position and standing at present is a matter of SG being poor, as if that were the sole cause of our team not performing as we would hope, and expect. 

I don't like what I'm seeing under SG, and anyone who's paid attention to my posts will have seen that I said I wanted him out before reneging to allow him some time. That's something I haven't done as a Villa fan and supporter. I like to look for what people do well before I look for flaws.

My inclinations aside, I don't believe and had the feeling that SG is up to the task of raising us to where we need to be.

The answer might seem obvious, that SG isn't up to this. However, what about the question of whether or not the team and executive level decision making that rid has appointed him? Are they up to this?

Smith may not have had the reputation and contact list to recruit the kind of talent that we need. That said, he was, and at a guess still is, exactly what we need and want for the position he and SG occupy. A good football coach and mind. He can develop, implement and instruct in a way that has his men playing the way he envisions for them. I did like Smith. Apologies for getting carried away with another long winded post, but I really do not know if the roots of our current poor standing are all SG.

The strength of the team is in the individual, and the strength of the individual is in the team.

100% no point getting rid of SG unless you also get rid of Purslow and Lange.

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

… the players were an absolute disgrace tonight, clear as day they want Gerrard gone! cant believe that performance really cant 3-0 to f***king fulham … well the obvious will happen now 

The 2nd manager some of the players will have got sacked in 12 months. 

• Like 1

I take no pleasure in it, but SG has to go before the next match against Brentford. 

The setup was so wrong tonight, and the players looked like they couldn't be arsed. Watkins, Bailey, Ings, Mcginn, JJ. Very disappointed in the level of effort and commitment. 

Defensively disorganised, Strikers shitting themselves after even a sniff of goal, no creativity in midfield, surrendering the wide spaces, no pressure on Fulham when in possession. Just the worst display at the worst time. Gerrard has to go, but the players tonight have to give themselves a look in the mirror also. Attitude stunk.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Strange how Mitrovic sauntered out for a post match chat. 

I thought he'd have been on his way to hospital for emergency surgery. 

word removed. 

Yeah they are a proper shithouse team, Fulham.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

The answer might seem obvious, that SG isn't up to this. However, what about the question of whether or not the team and executive level decision making that rid has appointed him? Are they up to this?

I sympathise with your view, I think it goes back to Purslows decision to hire him, and possibly the Ings purchase too, the bad decisions started there and they doubled down on further poor decisions thereafter. Other than Kamara and Carlos, not much else looks good in that period. 

But Gerrard is way out of his depth, this team looks totally clueless. We also need a new midfield pairing and possibly a new forward too. We all love McGinn, but he is the emperors new clothes, he is the elephant in the room, he just isn’t up to it and I don’t think it’s because he is out of position, he just looks short on quality.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

The 2nd manager some of the players will have got sacked in 12 months. 

Reminds me of us til the club finally acknowledged it needed a rebuild of the entire squad. Look how that's working out at the moment.

Gerrard may not be the man and may have to go anyway but your squad is awful IMO.

• Like 1

Â