Pre match thread

bielesibub

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still 450 tickets left for this one - I think that's an indicator of how difficult this period has been.

I'd have bought 8 tickets if i was interested in watching Villa live anymore.  I'm sure there are lots more people like me!

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still 450 tickets left for this one - I think that's an indicator of how difficult this period has been.

Standard for this season tbf . It will sell out on day like the others have. You may have some season ticket holders not going but attendance will be around the 41800 mark which is a sell out.

Just now, Lupinthe5th said:

Picked up 6 points against Potter last season 🤣 Easy work this game for Gerrard

Ha ha, good point, this should be a walk in the park.

I was sort of joking though, as others have said I doubt this is his last game, unless we get pumped

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Ha ha, good point, this should be a walk in the park.

I was sort of joking though, as others have said I doubt this is his last game, unless we get pumped

We did well against them last season. Cash gave away a silly pen, and Lukaku (Remember him ) scored. Infact Lukaku best moments come against Villa last season, was hopeless for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lupinthe5th said:

We did well against them last season. Cash gave away a silly pen, and Lukaku (Remember him ) scored. Infact Lukaku best moments come against Villa last season, was hopeless for the rest of the season. 

Isn’t that how it always goes? Out of form striker, needs a goal… guaranteed! 

23 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Being in Australia there is little I can do for my voice to be heard, but what I can do I will do...

I won't be watching us against Chelsea, or another match until he is gone.

I don't really think I'll be missing much, I don't look forward to getting up in the AM to watch anymore. I watched is get relegated, this is worse imo.

Relegation was what we deserved compared to the squad and the investment.

This squad deserves a competent manager, I look forward to us hiring one.... Eventually 

Think of all you’ll be missing as a supporter.

33C80120-9FB2-4FDF-84DA-16846C1F46AF.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's 50 quid to watch this game in Upper Trinity which I imagine has most seats still available.

Everyone knows the current economic climate and in fairness they're pitching those prices more to international fans who want to catch a prem game than our local based ones as was always a group of foreign fans taking in a prem game when I used to regularly sit in Trinty a decade ago.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I thought we'd get this noise in the build up to the Forest game but instead nothing and we limped to yet another boring draw.

If the owners really are flying in and Percy is confident enough to think he's going to get sacked soon then we're in the end game.

I just hope we have someone lined up to take over and be in for Fulham-Brentford games as we can ill afford to just go through this period directionless. 

winning at home and drawing away.....will give a team a champions league place.......provided they don't **** up the start of the season.

We must start winning at Home.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The thing is.....some say but look at the money, chelsea have spent.....that can be negated, by a positive attitude and a will to win.

but The Brentford camp don't say that when they play us.....They set about us.

Its defeatism, and It should be outlawed, from our thinking......We should go in to every game, with a belief, we can win.....Players, manager and fans.

I don't even want a draw......I want a win.

Other say look at the manager Chelsea have appointed.

Teams can negate that the opponent have better players, with more efficient training and coaching, better tactics and better match management.

There is a problem if the opponent both have better players and better coaching/tactics, that is a lot harder to negate.

The good thing about playing Chelsea is that they will have the ball 70% of the time, and we would be pressed so that we would have 10 players in and around the box. No Gerrard tactics will be in play, it will be just defend for your life in 90 minutes. We will most likely get 1-2 chances during the game, that should be enough to sneak an undeserved 1-0 win, but don’t bet your house on it.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Proper fan

I don’t think he was saying he’d enjoy that sort of loss but more likely that we would suffer that sort of loss and that would hopefully result in Steven Gerrard being sacked. Since a huge majority of fans now think that the sacking of our current manager would be a positive for the club then yes @Villan_of_oz Is a proper fan of Aston Villa. Perhaps not so much of Steven Gerrard though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

We will most likely get 1-2 chances during the game, that should be enough to sneak an undeserved 1-0 win, but don’t bet your house on it.

Why are you expecting such a huge and dramatic upturn in form?

(I'm making a joke about how we don't ever look like scoring)

Edited by Rolta