Pre match thread

bielesibub

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think there’s much point debating the ‘win vs lose’ thing… I would always go on the win side, but it’s not like what we want ever actually made a difference. 

And also no one really wants Villa to lose, they just think it will lead to a better chance of not losing in the future. It’s quite easy to understand. 

• Like 3

I want Villa to win but, can we honestly see us even scoring against a team that just played home and away against AC Milan without conceding? 

I can't help but feel we will lose this by at least two goals. But, what a win it would be if we could somehow get our act together. 

During the last week at work, a guy I work with told me that a friend of his works at the Villa. This friend apparently told people through social media that Smith would be gone if they didn't get a result v Southampton last season. We all know what happened then. Apparently, this same guy has told my workmate that Gerrard will be gone if we don't get anything out of today's game. If we lose today let's hope history repeats itself. 

I’m assuming we have sold out as you can no longer by tickets but why stop resales ? Surely it’s worth giving fans a chance to go up to a few hours before kickoff.  Plus they make a bit of money from them. 

Im quite annoyed they stopped this yesterday. I don’t get it.  I can’t go so they’ll be an empty seat where somebody could have sat. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I want Villa to win but, can we honestly see us even scoring against a team that just played home and away against AC Milan without conceding? 

I can't help but feel we will lose this by at least two goals. But, what a win it would be if we could somehow get our act together. 

During the last week at work, a guy I work with told me that a friend of his works at the Villa. This friend apparently told people through social media that Smith would be gone if they didn't get a result v Southampton last season. We all know what happened then. Apparently, this same guy has told my workmate that Gerrard will be gone if we don't get anything out of today's game. If we lose today let's hope history repeats itself. 

Milan are shit plus had 10 men most the game on Tuesday. We can grind out a result of players really switched on all game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

And also no one really wants Villa to lose, they just think it will lead to a better chance of not losing in the future. It’s quite easy to understand. 

yep this was the point I was making but it seemed lost on some

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m assuming we have sold out as you can no longer by tickets but why stop resales ? Surely it’s worth giving fans a chance to go up to a few hours before kickoff.  Plus they make a bit of money from them. 

Im quite annoyed they stopped this yesterday. I don’t get it.  I can’t go so they’ll be an empty seat where somebody could have sat. 

if they have sold out why would they hold back some tickets just in case some turn up on the day.  They'd rather lock in the money earlier in the week than risk not getting anything at the last moment.

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Milan are shit plus had 10 men most the game on Tuesday. We can grind out a result of players really switched on all game.

Love your optimism when Gerrard's teams rarely are switched on for more than 45 minutes most games if that long

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

if they have sold out why would they hold back some tickets just in case some turn up on the day.  They'd rather lock in the money earlier in the week than risk not getting anything at the last moment.

Because a season ticket holder that can’t make it could resell their ticket. If it sells Villa make 15% on ticket price and it prevents an empty seat.  

Im not going because I’m going holiday in a few days and don’t want to risk getting covid. In the past I’ve been able to put it on resale a day before or even on the day and somebody has snapped it up. It’s all done online too so no extra administration costs either.   Seems a no brainer too me.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because a season ticket holder that can’t make it could resell their ticket. If it sells Villa make 15% on ticket price and it prevents an empty seat.  

Im not going because I’m going holiday in a few days and don’t want to risk getting covid. In the past I’ve been able to put it on resale a day before or even on the day and somebody has snapped it up. It’s all done online too so no extra administration costs either.   Seems a no brainer too me.

Fair enough, I sold mine from my season ticket online yesterday for the first time ever, they said they take 20%.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Exactly. Pick between short term pain for long term gain or the death by a 1000 cuts we are currently experiencing, why it blows some people's minds to the extent it does I don't understand. Particularly when the board are seemingly looking for any reason to persist with the appointment, something has to give as the current situation is untenable.

• Like 2