Pre match thread

bielesibub

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

What would be better result for the future of Aston Villa...

4-0 Villa?

4-0 Chelsea?

The longer we stumble along, the higher the chance of relegation.

4-0 Villa, everytime. Gerrard will find his level sooner or later. Any points on the board pull us further away from relegation and our form ATM is bad enough to worry especially when you look at who we have played. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think he was saying he’d enjoy that sort of loss but more likely that we would suffer that sort of loss and that would hopefully result in Steven Gerrard being sacked. Since a huge majority of fans now think that the sacking of our current manager would be a positive for the club then yes @Villan_of_oz Is a proper fan of Aston Villa. Perhaps not so much of Steven Gerrard though. 

Thanks mate, I couldn't be bothered justifying myself but you have explained it well. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

What would be better result for the future of Aston Villa...

4-0 Villa?

4-0 Chelsea?

The longer we stumble along, the higher the chance of relegation.

Same as I said for the Nott Forest game. 

If a loss could 100% guarantee Gerrard being sacked, then I’d want a loss. 

But as that isn’t guaranteed, I want a win. 

Worse case is playing awfully and scraping a 0-0 draw. Gerrard stays, and Villa stays awful, and we stumble on to the next game.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Hope the 12th man makes itself heard tomorrow 

I think they will. Unfortunately Chelsea might have their 12th man dressed in black out on the pitch 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

The omens don't look good for this game, once again West Midlands Trains and Cross Country are cuasing havoc on the weekend, there isnt even strikes on sunday is there!? it would be typical for many of us to struggle to get to the game and, in good faith, expect a creditable performance on the pitch for our efforts.....knowing my luck the opposite waill happen. It must be so shocking for fans from london teams to come to the west midlands, especially when the terminus is the largest in the second city, to then find stone age sunday services/repairs and heaven knows what else delaying trains. The stadium expansion will be a pipe dream without establishing a regular service, the transport infrastructure in the midlands is like going back to the stone age most weekends, particularly on a sunday!

That is my rant, well the only way i will tolerate it is if villa can come up with the goods and secure a win tommorow

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I have  to  be honest, I would rather see young Archer leading the line than either Ings or Watkins.

Let him off that leash. Something tells me he could flourish given the opportunity. 

You don't say?

• Like 1

Im in the Gerrard out crowd.I do think though that Chelsea will beat us by 3/5 goals.

The thing is if we lose then Gerrard is out and we can look foreward to winning again.

If we win then Gerrard stays and we can look foreward to more crapball,losses,draws and a bottom half finish.

Well I’ve done something I’d never thought I’d do, I sold my seats for the game from our season tickets tomorrow through the club website.  

A few family things going on but we could’ve made it if we really tried but couldn’t be bothered under Gerrard.  Can watch the game on tv, let somebody else enjoy (suffer) the game instead at the ground and I’ll sit in comfort at home.  

Hope we win but I hope it’s Gerrard last game so I never think about selling my ticket again.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2