Pre match thread

bielesibub

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Stupid not playing 2 central midfielders, Dendonker and Luiz (or Nakamba). So very stubborn and daft, McGinn and Ramsey in a three man midfield doesn't work and will not work. They are not good enough defensively and does not contribute enough in build up play or offensivesly.  

They will be ripped apart by Chelsea midfield. Has Dendoncker started yet? He’s a Belgian international.

Starting Bailey … even Gerrard doesn’t want Gerrard in the job any longer 

( fully aware Bailey will now have a blinder and we win and  this will  come back and bite me in the arse )

"Unbeaten run" is such a nothing stat.

You could go the whole season technically unbeaten and still only just about scrape survival. I don't think a point against 10 man Leeds and the worst side in the league is particularly something to be shouting from the rafters, just another example of this undercurrent of a campaign is to lower expectations and "you know what, Gerrard isn't actually doing too badly".

• Like 1

I'd had started Nakamba. For all his faults he's a busy energetic player and we lack that in midfield. Also frees Dougie up drive forward with the ball but slot back beside him when we don't have the ball.

But then, I'm not paid £5m a year to make such decisions eh Stevie 🙄

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

( fully aware Bailey will now have a blinder and we win and  this will  come back and bite me in the arse )

I think Bailey could have a good game. This is the sort of game will suit him, his pace will get him in behind the Chelsea defenders.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They will be ripped apart by Chelsea midfield. Has Dendoncker started yet? He’s a Belgian international.

Nope and this was the perfect game for him

Also Nakamba and him on the bench I'm not sure what scenario he envisages where we will bring on 2 holding midfielders

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Bailey is just the poundland version of Sterling.

He should take some tips from him today on how to beat a man.

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

"Unbeaten run" is such a nothing stat.

You could go the whole season technically unbeaten and still only just about scrape survival. I don't think a point against 10 man Leeds and the worst side in the league is particularly something to be shouting from the rafters, just another example of this undercurrent of a campaign is to lower expectations and "you know what, Gerrard isn't actually doing too badly".

They’re really emphasising that on sky, damage limitations form Slippys mates