Pre match thread

bielesibub

Noticed that the pre match thread hadn't been created yet, so thought I'd stick my neck out and start one, mods please tell me off if I'm not allowed?

After the 'disappointment' of being undefeated in 4, lets get cracking on blowing our load on the possibility of 5 games unbeaten. Villa will win this.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can actually see us drawing this, or maybe turning it on . Don’t ask why, I just fancy us to grind it out . 

I thought you was off the gear?

🤪

• Haha 4

If we are lucky,Chelse ( knowinh how bad we are ) will put out their reserves ( and we will only lose 0-5 ) or they will put out their womens team and we will only lose 0-3...... AND Gerrard keeps his job.

Will be absolutely toxic at HT if it goes the way I think it will. Maybe under Teuchel's Chelsea, we would have had a chance. The atmosphere under Teuchel was clearly toxic - had no interest in playing certain players and the system did them no favors. Sound familiar? And that's without nearly as horrible results as Gerrard. Potter's got them playing well and will be a walk in the park for Chelsea, especially if they have Auba and Havertz as their striking options. Mings - been good this season - will probably get turned around by Auba at some point. 

Is it sad that I'm pretty sure I know what his lineup will be? Probably sees this game - stop the rot and all that daft stuff. What's he do? Looks back at the City game and thinks, "Of course, yeah..."

Emi

Cash-Mings-Konsa-Young

McGinn-Dendocker-Luiz

Bailey (if fit)/Buendia - Watkins - JJ

Some of the most turgid stuff you'll watch all season and that's saying something given what we've witnessed so far.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Less pressure on Gerrard, if hes still manager, in this game.  Its the poor teams who sit back we have problems against 

He is under huge pressure it doesn't matter if its Chelsea or Charlton this week

My prediction is we won’t get smashed as we will defend well but we’ll lose by one goal and create almost no chances in the 90. The press will say that villa did well not to disgrace themselves against a good Chelsea side and Gerrard will limp on for another week sucking the life out of the club as he goes.

• Like 2

Chelsea (h)  - defeat

Fulham (h) - draw

Brentford (a) - draw

Newcastle (a) - defeat

Man utd (h) - defeat

Brighton (a) - defeat

Our next 6 games and on current form, those are the results i would expect.

That takes us to the world cup break.

The only reason he hasnt been sacked yet imo is because our no1 target, whoeber that is, has said he'll only take the job at that point. Presumably because they want time to work with the squad.

We are in serious trouble