Pre match thread

bielesibub

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We'll probably draw with Chelsea.

Where do you get that kind of confidence in us? Chelsea will kill us, if we hang on for a point it will be with like 15% possession and just filth.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Like City did?

Which city? Leicester City? I agree that wasn’t a pummelling to be fair, I was thinking more like the 3-0 vs Wolves or Milan that Chelsea have won recently :( 

Or do you mean us vs City, that 1-1 was a good performance, I was very proud of the lads… I don’t think that will happen vs Chelsea. I really hope I’m wrong though!!

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Where do you get that kind of confidence in us? Chelsea will kill us, if we hang on for a point it will be with like 15% possession and just filth.

@CVByrne i think hes leaning on the fact its a game we may charge up for just like man city who we drew against so if we can draw to city then we can do the same to chelsea and our defence is decent tbf … and a home fixture 

Edited by RicRic

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Which city? Leicester City? I agree that wasn’t a pummelling to be fair, I was thinking more like the 3-0 vs Wolves or Milan that Chelsea have won recently :( 

We've only played one team with City in their name this season, the Leicester game was postponed.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

@CVByrne i think hes leaning on the fact its a game we may charge up for just like man city who we drew against so if we can draw to city then we can do the same to chelsea and our defence is decent tbf … and a home fixture 

And the fact that a draw with Chelsea is bad for Aston Villa as Gerrard will cling on for longer 

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

And the fact that a draw with Chelsea is bad for Aston Villa as Gerrard will cling on for longer 

Absolutely but whats the sacrifice here lose and he leaves or get something and he stays which doesn’t do us any good with him being in charge but then we wont be classed as fans if we reluctantly want us to lose for the overall good.

Believe me nobody has more passion than me when it comes to this club and watching them and even i dont mind this happening just for that to happen, dont ever question my love for this club and mistake it for anything else i bleed aston villa as much as the next supporter 

• Like 1

My only shred of possibility is Gerrard did the double over Potter last season.

---------------------Martinez-----------------------

Cash-----Chambers----Mings----Young

--------------------Dendoncker-------------------

--------------Luiz---------------Ramsey---------

Buendia---------------------------------------Bailey

-------------------------Ings----------------------------