What time do you go to bed at night?

leemond2008

42 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I used to get the Sunday night blues terrible at my old job, even when things were going well there I could never ever sleep on a Sunday night, I resorted to taking Piriton an hour before bed because that is the only drug that absolutely knocks me out, drop two of them bad boys and I'm dead to the world.

The anxiety before returning after a week off was horrific as well, I changed jobs back in January and its been all good ever since 

Back in my twenties when I was overly fond of cocaine, I used to drop two Nytol to get to sleep. Worked wonders for switching off and getting sleep when I had work in the morning. 

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Back in my twenties when I was overly fond of cocaine, I used to drop two Nytol to get to sleep. Worked wonders for switching off and getting sleep when I had work in the morning. 

Only problem with sleepers after indulging in uppers was that you’d wake up double tired imo . Tired from the uppers and groggy from the sleepers. I did used to abuse sleep medication though sometimes to stop me from wanting to go out and other times because they just feel nice .

• Like 1

Happy if I get to bed by around 1am. Often still awake at 3 or 4 on a bad night, although usually end up catching that up with an early night.

Never been much of an morning person. Only get up before 8.30ish if I have a meeting or something important.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Didn’t realise Piriton made you drowsy and helped you to sleep until the other month . Very nice sleep off them . If I’d been out on piss on a Friday or Saturday I’d get terrible anxiety Sunday night and even at work on the Monday .

I've had that recently, never used to get it. Two or 3 consecutive nights of drinking and then the first and second nights without drinking I dont sleep at all. Is it anxiety ye? I wasnt sure whether it was because my body had adjusted to going to bed pissed and struggled to readjust back.

In bed most nights by 2200 but because I can't quiet my mind I'm awake for around 2-3 hours. I'll watch TV in bed next to my snoring wife until I finally doze off. I've struggled with switching off since I was a teenager.

Up between 0530 and 0615 depending on what time my youngest gets up.

Will have one or two days a month where I physically can't go on and I'll pass out at 2000, until 0700 the next day. Then always feel like crap the whole day through.

Usually around 1:30  / 2:00 up at 7:30 except weekends when I’ll roll out of bed around 10:30 

if I went to be at 10 or 11 I’d wake up a few hours later and be unable to get back to sleep , tend to find with a 1:30 / 2:00 it’s lights out and I’ll sleep through 

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Midnight-ish, then up about 7. 

Yep, same

Apart from sunday night for the NFL. Then it's 1.30 ish. Monday mornings suck

• Like 1

Last night I made the mistake of falling asleep as I put my daughter to sleep at around 8.30,then woke up at 12 and couldnt get back to sleep

I'm a couple of night a week at 10pm as I stay in bed with the wife and watch TV then the rest of the week midnight as I play playstation after the wife has gone to sleep, tonight will be stay in bed and watch NFL

Up anytime between 6.30 and 7.30 depending on the kids

10-10:30 pm on a school night then I'll read for about an hour. Up at 6am for my forced morning routine. I don't like being rushed or have the feeling I'm going to be late for something.

Friday night is my pub night so anytime between 12am and 2am and up about 8am with the kids. 

11 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm another one for midday naps, when I'm working from home as soon as it hits 12 O'Clock my curtains are closed alarm is set and I get my head down for at least 45 minutes.

It's beyond me how anyone can do this. 

Sure, if I'm tired after a bad night, I might find myself nodding off in the afternoon, involuntarily. But if I tried to have a nap at a scheduled time, I can guarantee I'd fail, no matter how tired I was. My mind would start to race, I be going "Five minutes gone already, must get to sleep, must get to sleep..." 

Totally impossible. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

I've had that recently, never used to get it. Two or 3 consecutive nights of drinking and then the first and second nights without drinking I dont sleep at all. Is it anxiety ye? I wasnt sure whether it was because my body had adjusted to going to bed pissed and struggled to readjust back.

Possibly or the fact that alcohol can disrupt your sleep pattern anyway .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â