What time do you go to bed at night?

leemond2008

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I always think sleeping in the day was finally giving in to being old. I never do it and never want to.

Wish I had never started as feel worse if I don’t now for whatever reason 

• Like 1

the thing with naps is i feel it's wasting a part of the 2 precious days off work on a weekend that could be otherwise spent watching footy or going out. they've never been for me personally

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Naps are never a waste. Sleep is amazing

Whilst I agree 100% with this, I can’t have naps as they ruin the rest of my day. I’m a heavy sleeper and after even the shortest of naps I wake up in a confused almost drunken state and will feel slightly out of sorts for hours. 

• Like 1

Midweek I normally turn in around 11.00, probably midnight on Thursday. 

Weekend between 12.30 and 1.30 depending on how early Mrs Sidcow has gone to bed releasing me to watch my TV crap. 

Edited by sidcow

32 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Whilst I agree 100% with this, I can’t have naps as they ruin the rest of my day. I’m a heavy sleeper and after even the shortest of naps I wake up in a confused almost drunken state and will feel slightly out of sorts for hours. 

Yeah that is the risk. Makes it more exciting 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's beyond me how anyone can do this. 

Sure, if I'm tired after a bad night, I might find myself nodding off in the afternoon, involuntarily. But if I tried to have a nap at a scheduled time, I can guarantee I'd fail, no matter how tired I was. My mind would start to race, I be going "Five minutes gone already, must get to sleep, must get to sleep..." 

Totally impossible. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I always think sleeping in the day was finally giving in to being old. I never do it and never want to.

It's actually what the human body is meant to do, you been conditioned against it. It's a healthy thing to do

I can’t stop staying up late, go to bed on average around 2.30am now irrespective of whether a weekday or weekend.

Ive always been a night owl, I’ve always hated mornings, my ‘natural’ get up time is 11am, but it seems to be getting worse.

In the week I'm in bed most nights by 10:30pm, read for about a hour, then depending if I am going to site or working from home up anytime between 6:45am and 7:45am. I am a terrible sleeper though so at best get about 4 hours a night.

Weekends usually in bed anytime between 11:30pm and 2:00am and up about 9am. 

Edited by markavfc40

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Pretty good if kept to fifteen minutes but any longer can lead to sleeping beauty waking up like a bear with a sore arse - so I'm told. 🙄

15 minutes? What's the point?

I can see the benefits to napping but I can’t bring myself to fall asleep in the day time. I’m usually too busy but if I’m not then it would take too long to actually fall asleep. I’d need two hours to get 30 mins sleep, probably. Maybe this will change when I get old, I’m only 42 now so got a few years to go until I’m a dribbling day sleeper. 

I tend to be in bed by about 8:30-9PM during the week but then spend another hour or so watching a bit of telly or quickly scrolling through the news on my phone.  I'm up by about 6:30 most days during the week and then find myself logged onto work by about 7AM (as I'm pretty much working from home).  On the weekends, sometimes I can find that I'm up and bouncing about making stir fry type things at 3AM :crylaugh:. No wonder I'm so tired on a Monday!  

Edited by trekka

Â