January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not me.  He’s a fantastic player but it’d never be the same and it’s more miss than hit on players returning to prior clubs.  He’s moved on, we’ve now moved on and certainly a talent like his would enhance our team but I’m thinking it wouldn’t work out, it rarely does and generally underwhelms.  Thanks for the memories Jack, go and excel in your career and we will move forward in our way.  

I am of a kinda, similar opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Ah right our best player for decades who’s 27 and it would be stupid to have him back. Ok

I already explained why a page back and some others have similar opinion, I didn’t say it would be stupid, I’m just not convinced it would work out as going back has shown to be more miss than hit in players rejoining clubs.  You don’t agree, that’s fine, it doesn’t mean others not fully onboard are silly because they realise it wouldn’t be the same, things just don’t fall back into old ways.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I already explained why a page back and some others have similar opinion, I didn’t say it would be stupid, I’m just not convinced it would work out as going back has shown to be more miss than hit in players rejoining clubs.  You don’t agree, that’s fine, it doesn’t mean others not fully onboard are silly because they realise it wouldn’t be the same, things just don’t fall back into old ways.

Players going back to clubs you think of Bale at Spurs and Ronaldo at Man Utd, players who have clearly had it at the top level and are living rent free on their past. 

Grealish bleeds claret and blue as does his whole family and he's only 27. 18 months ago people would have thrown the kitchen sink and the rest if it meant convincing him to stay. 

I think a section of those saying they wouldn't have him back are being a bit too proud. We haven't moved on, it's been 18 months and they've almost entirely been shit. Grealish has won the league and a cup and been an England regular. 

Grealish isn't a player that has to been the focal point and everything go through him either. If we had Bailey or Buendia or Traore back and had 2/3 marking Grealish again we'd win most our matches. 

• Like 2

I am not sold on Grealish coming back, it’s never the same second time round and he made his choice. 

Also, I think getting Emery in will see a totally different strategy where, quite rightly, it’s not about the romanticism of any given individual, it’s is about the pragmatism of the team and it’s constituent parts.

I want to see pace, athleticism and work ethic across the team, that will win more games than an individual

57 minutes ago, macandally said:

I am not sold on Grealish coming back, it’s never the same second time round and he made his choice. 

Also, I think getting Emery in will see a totally different strategy where, quite rightly, it’s not about the romanticism of any given individual, it’s is about the pragmatism of the team and it’s constituent parts.

I want to see pace, athleticism and work ethic across the team, that will win more games than an individual

Zaha says hi. 

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Micahel Jordan says HI. He returned to the Chicago Bulls in March 1995 and led them to three more NBA championships. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And thats probably about it - even ronaldos 2nd stunt at utd was nit the same along with henry at arsenal

Has some one been changing the vowels around on your keyboard?

Ashley Young 😉

As it is, if the deal was right I'd have Grealish back in a heartbeat. It won't be though and he'll end up at Newcastle or some such.

Edited by picicata
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, picicata said:

Has some one been changing the vowels around on your keyboard?

Ashley Young 😉

As it is, if the deal was right I'd have Grealish back in a heartbeat. It won't be though and he'll end up at Newcastle or some such.

Cold finger syndrome 😂

Youngs stints been good better than expected but still nowhere to his 1st and thats of course expected considering his age.

As for grealish big no thanks. Big wages out of form and to be honest why should we? He chose to leave we have moved on. We building a team here not a "one man do something for us"team like when grealish was here

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Zaha says hi. 

Went back to a club that still played exactly the same style as when he left.  We do not now, we have a more rounded team and more options and I wouldn’t trade that to bring Jack back

• Like 1

Also Zaha went back after like one season and was still <25. Most players go back when they're ancient. Only other than example is Young here but despite his age he can still move and run a bit. 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1