January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Dest to compete with Cash?

Emery doesnt like attacking RB's so I don't think he would like Dest
Normally his RB would sit back at Villarreal 

Edited by messi11

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

So as long as he chooses us over other clubs we will sign him. Fecking brilliant ITK this kid. 

In other news, she’s assessing other offers, but if she turns them all down I’ll be marrying Sharon Stone next week. 

To be fair he's been right about every single thing since Kamara 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

tbf i think that was just that his left back was the best attacking option from the LB/RBs.

I would imagine that he would like whichever full back is the best attacking option to be the attacking one, then the opposite sits more to form the back 3.

Obviously, i would agree that Digne is currently our best attacking full back, so kind of the same scenario for now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf i think that was just that his left back was the best attacking option from the LB/RBs.

I would imagine that he would like whichever full back is the best attacking option to be the attacking one, then the opposite sits more to form the back 3.

Obviously, i would agree that Digne is currently our best attacking full back, so kind of the same scenario for now?

Yeah for now. Digne goes more forward than Cash for sure! 
Dest would be a good signing for Villa

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeh this. In a ideal scenario he would probably like both of them to be able to attack and defend at the right times.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Dest to compete with Cash?

I’d prefer Balde if we were looking at fullbacks from Barca. Not for RB obviously before everyone and their dog says ‘Balde plays LWB for Barca’

10 minutes ago, burchy said:

Has there been any more chatter about Kessie at all, would be an unreal bit of business if true. 

Only some quotes from his agent to say he’s very happy and won’t be leaving. 

On Thuram his record this season is obviously outstanding. Last season looks like he started it injured and had a similar season to Bailey with us last year. 

Before that his two years playing predominantly wide he has a very good hall of goals/assists.

For the price it looks like very good business. Seems to have the height/pace to make the transition.

Only concern is I have a lot of reservations about overall standard of Bundesliga. Several players have ripped that league up and struggled in PL. So there is that risk but always is with any player coming from outside the league. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Anyone who doesn't want a right back that attacks much should buy Wan Bissaka

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Rumours City want Bellingham so will listen to offers for Grealish. 

He won't go anywhere before the summer, and I personally think he will be there next season too.

If he isn't tearing it up by then with his output numbers they will try and sell.

12 minutes ago, villaglint said:

For the price it looks like very good business. Seems to have the height/pace to make the transition.

He’s also a proper unit so has all the tools to be a success. I’d say the same about Fofana at Molde too as he seems like a monster too. Let’s get both

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

He’s also a proper unit so has all the tools to be a success. I’d say the same about Fofana at Molde too as he seems like a monster too. Let’s get both

Fofana is the next big thing! 
Villa wont get him, Lange not smart enough 

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the 3rd/4th choice AC Milan right back who has looked very poor when he has played this season

The potential must be there though. You don’t play 51 games for Barcelona at the age of 22 if you’re not a half decent player. Plus there’s a reason they signed him for 20 odd million in the first place. 

For whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him at Milan and he will probably be up for sale by Barcelona at the end of the season.  Someone will take a chance on him for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The potential must be there though. You don’t play 51 games for Barcelona at the age of 22 if you’re not a half decent player. Plus there’s a reason they signed him for 20 odd million in the first place. 

For whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him at Milan and he will probably be up for sale by Barcelona at the end of the season.  Someone will take a chance on him for sure.

He's been great whenever I've seen him play for the US national team.  Nailed on starter at 22 with already 22 caps to his name.  Can see someone like Chelsea or Spurs going in for him and he'll turn into one of the best RBs in the world in a couple of seasons.  

Personally, I would love to see him at the Villa, but his stock will be a bit higher after this WC.  Might not be able to get him unless Emery really wants him and convinces him this summer.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was pretty much the only right back they had available in one of the weaker Barcelona teams in recent times. Sergi Roberto was injured a lot

Junior Firpo had 40 games for Barcelona around that time and he might be the worst player in the Premier League