January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Benfica payed €10 million for Enzo Fernandez. We really need to look in the Argentine league. 

cannot agree more strongly with this. there is a ton of untapped quality in both the Argentine & Brazilian leagues, we have to get better at scouting these leagues for high quality youngsters who have the ability to make an impact with the first team squad.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

In our current lineup, we get worse putting Torres in for Mings IMO. What we may gain in possession, we lose too much from set-pieces IMO. Ty is massive for us.

if we are going with our current lineup, I think it would be Torres in for Konsa, which would probably be harsh on Ezri. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if we are going with our current lineup, I think it would be Torres in for Konsa, which would probably be harsh on Ezri. 

Leaving Carlos on the bench? I know he’s injured now but in the future leave him out in favour of Mings?

Didn’t Emi suggest both Enzo Fernandez and Alvarez when he first joined Villa. I think he’s also mentioned Almada too, perhaps we need to have him on an agent retainer or something as he can obviously pick em. 

• Like 2

My pick of the Argentinians/Brazilians (that aren’t already going to Chelsea/PSG/Madrid)

Matheus Nascimento (De Paula)*, Alejo Véliz, Marcos Leonardo*, Angelo Gabriel, Yuri Alberto, Carlos Albarez*, Facundo Farias, Gianlucca Prestianni

* picks of the bunch

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah he's a good player. I just don't see us spending that type on money on a CM in January.

Sanson and Nakamba could easily be moved out in that month, McGinn probably more likely in the summer as he has still started two of Emery's three in charge so far.

Even with Tim coming back next season that still gives us scope for one more midfielder.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sanson and Nakamba could easily be moved out in that month, McGinn probably more likely in the summer as he has still started two of Emery's three in charge so far.

Even with Tim coming back next season that still gives us scope for one more midfielder.

tbf i think McGinn only started the second league game as Bailey and Watkins were sick, so the players had to be juggled.

I think if that hadnt happened, he would have only started the B Team run-out in the cup.

I agree that he wont be sold in jan tho.

not sure i can see us offloading nakamba for a fee, and i can only see Sanson as a loan, as again, who is going to pay the wages he is on with us permanently when he hasnt played hardly in the last 2 years?

Edited by MaVilla

11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

cannot agree more strongly with this. there is a ton of untapped quality in both the Argentine & Brazilian leagues, we have to get better at scouting these leagues for high quality youngsters who have the ability to make an impact with the first team squad.  

I’m no expert but isn’t it harder to get work permits unless they play for their national sides?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m no expert but isn’t it harder to get work permits unless they play for their national sides?

Yea. It’s why there aren’t any youngsters which come straight to the UK from those leagues. They nearly always go via Spain, or even Italy, i think. The only one I can think of who has come straight over in recent times is Alvarez at City. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Work permit rules are different now and it is easier to sign players from South America than previously, and more difficult to sign them from Scandinavia for example.  

There goes my dream of playing for the Villa, then 😔

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Work permit rules are different now and it is easier to sign players from South America than previously, and more difficult to sign them from Scandinavia for example.  

Does that mean Schjelderup is a no go then? I think he has two U21 caps but mainly plays for Norways U19 side at the minute, does that count?

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Yea. It’s why there aren’t any youngsters which come straight to the UK from those leagues. They nearly always go via Spain, or even Italy, i think. The only one I can think of who has come straight over in recent times is Alvarez at City. 

Didn’t Kayky do that as well with City too or did they do a weird sort of loan with him with one of their sister clubs to get around the loop holes?

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

Does that mean Schjelderup is a no go then? I think he has two U21 caps but mainly plays for Norways U19 side at the minute, does that count?

Yeah probably, for now anyway.

Roony Bardghji might be possible since he plays for FCK in Europe and I think that gives you extra credits.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

This is why we need to get our satellite clubs set up, and links with other clubs to get these players into the Villa machine so when ready we can bring them into our PL team.  The likes of the Las Vegas team will help once set up.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1