January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 hours ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

Pipe dream: Ings +30m for Paqueta - If West Ham are going 2 up top, which they'd almost certainly be with Ings, they're better off with Rice and Soucek as the two in midfield, they have tonnes of wingers, and Paqueta would be be more than ideal for one of the outside midfielders in Emery's formation.

Selling Ings for 15m on paper makes total business sense, but in footballing terms, it means we need to sign a new striker in a window where our recent-ish history has been Samatta, Baston and Grant Holt (and Grabban and Hogan when we were setting money on fire in the Championship). We can only do it if we have a player lined up, and the offer is too good to refuse. I don't know if 15m is enough on it's own in the circumstances, even if it makes business sense.

For a replacement, Thuram looks like an ideal signing on paper - has played wide and central in the past, so can basically compete for the positions Watkins, Bailey and Buendia have all been filling. Might also be a pipe dream though.

Even if he was any good Paqueta has played for 2 clubs already this season

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammy on loan if need be if not many options around i think is a gokd option if he is available for a loan.

Then can revist in summer 

Roma arent going to loan out a 50m asset to sit on our bench

Forwards entering the last 6 months of their contracts. Not suggesting any one over anyone else or saying we would go for any of them but here's some of what's potentially available for knock down prices compared to their market value.

Moukoko -  bayern aged 18

Theram - munchengladbach -25

Depay - barca -28

Dembele - lyon - 26

Belotti- roma - 29

Muriel - atalanta - 29

Giroud - Milan - 36 

Benzema - real - 35

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Forwards entering the last 6 months of their contracts. Not suggesting any one over anyone else or saying we would go for any of them but here's some of what's potentially available for knock down prices compared to their market value.

Moukoko -  bayern aged 18

Theram - munchengladbach -25

Depay - barca -28

Dembele - lyon - 26

Belotti- roma - 29

Muriel - atalanta - 29

Giroud - Milan - 36 

Benzema - real - 35

Depay has gone to Atletico 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I remember when Alun Evans scored all four goals in a 2-2 draw away at Leicester. 

Was that Not Chris Nicholl ?

edit - scrolling down it seems someone beat me to it 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

Unless there are some heavy mind games going on, I don't think Danjuma is coming to Villa this month. Been reading through a bit of the Spain-based press, and it is sounding like he's not coming in January, although the reasons are a little unclear to me. I could be wrong! In fact, not really seeing any other buzz about players from La Liga headed to Villa this month. But it's a big world.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Unless there are some heavy mind games going on, I don't think Danjuma is coming to Villa this month. Been reading through a bit of the Spain-based press, and it is sounding like he's not coming in January, although the reasons are a little unclear to me. I could be wrong! 

So it's 50/50 then?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

So it's 50/50 then?

I think it's probably less than that for Villa. It's sounding like there are other clubs looking hard, too, including Bournemouth, but he's done training with Villarreal, and his agent has basically put up a "for sale" sign in England. Apparently, Villarreal wants him only to go out as a loan with a sale later, if I'm understanding it?  

• Like 1