Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, Khizzy said:

Let's hope Brighton rest a lot of the first team and give some fringe players a run out for Sunday. Their season is done now. Go to the beach lads, you've deserved it 😂

Have you seen the way the rotate from game to game?

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You were expecting us to beat Brighton by 17 goals on Sunday?

I wish I was as optimistic as you!

It was plausible that we’d have “only” needed to win by 6 but yeah, was an ambitious aim even for an optimist!

Sure I heard on For the Love of Paul McGrath podcast that the Brighton chairman is a mad Spuds fan. So maybe he's looking to help them out

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

his Wikipedia says he has lifelong Brighton connections

Sorry it's Paul Barber the CEO who's the mad spurs fan and it was on the holy trinity show😊

Edited by markc

23 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You were expecting us to beat Brighton by 17 goals on Sunday?

I wish I was as optimistic as you!

🤣 no bit I was hoping that they would put up a fight, instead just slow misplaced passes most of the game. Brighton passing more direct and they actually ran for the ball.

We need to be at our best Sunday to get a result and can't afford anyone to not put everything into it.

One thing to consider here is a lot of players still have international games to play at the end of this season.  I'd say half the Brighton team won't want to get injured in the last game as much as anything.  Definitely why we can't reply on Man City as they are ticking over before their finals now.

42 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

They will play like it's a cup final against us.

Just watch.

De Zerbi and that Brighton team don't come across as the " take it easy " or rest on laurels type.

That being said... whilst we here... as regular men fret.... Unai Emery is tactically poking holes in the team from behind his desk.

It should be a good game!

• Like 3

I know it's in our own hands etc, but I really think City are gonna f**k us over by losing to Brentford, just the changes they're making and the way Brentford play I can see a Bees win, hopefully Ederson is back in goal and they go full strength but I really can't see it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeafyVilla said:

I know it's in our own hands etc, but I really think City are gonna f**k us over by losing to Brentford, just the changes they're making and the way Brentford play I can see a Bees win, hopefully Ederson is back in goal and they go full strength but I really can't see it.

As long as we win it won’t matter what Brentford does.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LeafyVilla said:

If it’s any consolation having had a quick look, it appears the last time Man City had a two game run which yielded a solitary point was back in November 2020 (a draw and a defeat to Liverpool and Spurs respectively).

• Like 1