Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Brentford having a superior goal difference to us is a little worrying to me.

The Brentford goal difference is irrelevant as there is no scenario in which we can end up on the same points as them from one remaining game. They either remain behind us or leap frog us.

Spurs are only one point behind us so goal difference can come into play with them if they draw and we lose.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The Brentford goal difference is irrelevant as there is no scenario in which we can end up on the same points as them from one remaining game. They either remain behind us or leap frog us.

Spurs are only one point behind us so goal difference can come into play with them if they draw and we lose.

Well, if we draw and they win we both have 59 points.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I keep imagining about 150 semi-inebriated, half-stoned and/or over-caffeinated Villa supporters crowded into a locked minibus. That's this thread.

Drop the minibus part and you're probably right tbh

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Couple of tricky play off games there - Bilbao in particular. 

Are we allowed to play in the same competition as Vitoria?

Not if they lose Nico Williams 😉

16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Couple of tricky play off games there - Bilbao in particular. 

It is only a projection and is assuming that all seeded teams beat the unseeded teams in the previous rounds, so Athletic would be more likely to be seeded if they qualify when the time comes.

Villa would be able to be play in the same competition as Vitoria as far as I know as NSWE don't have a controlling stake in the club, i.e,  greater than 50%.

28 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Yes, as V Sports only owns 46% of Vitoria: the rule permits minority stakes. Even then, the rule is incredibly lax (RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg aren't under the same ownership, per UEFA.)