Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm 45 and went to my first Villa game in 1986, thirty-seven years!

Not about me and negativity, It's a new dawn, everything is positive under Emery.

#mentalityshift 

It’s definitely a new dawn. But it’s not some kind of new normal for us to win almost every game. This winning run will end and some may feel deflated when it does (I will too, for a little while).

On a positive note, I’m fully convinced we’ll have a really good season 23/24 with some reinforcements, and hopefully get Europe then, if not now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Win tomorrow would be absolutely momentous. 

I'm thinking the win against Newcastle - times ten. That might be behind my pessimism for the result. Is Emery really going to break Villa's 'not quite good enough' streak running for years??

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Brighton will finish above us they ain't dropping points 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

5-0 Brighton are going to be a problem.

Might be us or Spurs for 7th.

4 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Us or spurs for 7th I reckon. Shouldn’t be disappointed with 8th, but it will feel disappointing!

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN these are the overreaction that triggered my comment. 

All because they hammered a rubbish Wolves side with absolutely nothing to play for.

If they beat United in their next game that would be a marker, although even that wouldn't be a huge shock.  United are rubbish away from home.  Their games against City, Arsenal and Newcastle decide our fate.

Yeah not sure where all the bed wetting is coming from. They were always likely to beat Wolves. Them losing to Forest was a bonus. They’ve much tougher games to come. Nothing much has changed in our race for Europe by then beating Wolves. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah not sure where all the bed wetting is coming from. They were always likely to beat Wolves. Them losing to Forest was a bonus. They’ve much tougher games to come. Nothing much has changed in our race for Europe by then beating Wolves. 

Absolutely, its not really a shock they won. They've had an outstanding season and we're playing catch up. We've had alot of fortune with results going our way recently...its a nice distraction but the focus should be on ourselves maximising the games we have left. We all know Unai will have done all the prep he can possibly do for tomorrow and now it's down to the players to execute the plan and demonstrate again they can rattle the big boys.

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN these are the overreaction that triggered my comment. 

All because they hammered a rubbish Wolves side with absolutely nothing to play for.

If they beat United in their next game that would be a marker, although even that wouldn't be a huge shock.  United are rubbish away from home.  Their games against City, Arsenal and Newcastle decide our fate.

You think that wolves won't go all out to beat us in their cup final?

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

I don't think we've a hope of beating United, Spurs, Liverpool or Brighton tbh, and I believe the tide elsewhere is turning against us. That just leaves Wolves that I think we'll beat.

I'm not trolling, I've just seen all this before — people said the same shit the year we missed out on CL under O'Neill, that we were in great form, it was all in our hands and there's no way we'd throw it away, and then the teams around us went on unbelievable runs and we began to struggle against their quality.

It's the Villa way. Luck is never on our side, and when given control over our own destiny, we promptly cock it up.

You'd never guess you were talking about a team that picked up 26 points out of the last 30.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You'd never guess you were talking about a team that picked up 26 points out of the last 30.

Which can change at any time. 

How often have Villa fans spewed the motto "form is temporary........"?

Only when it's bad form apparently 🙄

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

My sentiments exactly.

We have some real insecure and fragile fans, some of the reading on the last few pages is just unbelievable.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You think that wolves won't go all out to beat us in their cup final?

I think they'll try more than they did versus Brighton. But they're not a great team.

I just realised I might have mistook your comment... Brighton not dropping points was referring to just this game presumably? Not in their run in? If so, my bad, Sorry flaps!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

My sentiments exactly.

We have some real insecure and fragile fans, some of the reading on the last few pages is just unbelievable.

I think it normal to be insecure and fragile, when you consider how Villa have performed the last few decades.

It will take some time before fans will catch up to the performance of Emery’s Villa, and not expect Villa of the past.

I believe it is possible to win tomorrow and next weekend and so on, not going to be easy, but if anybody can do it, it is Emery.

Unlike from the past, now we can dream of going places with Villa, getting into Europe, not automatically doomed when playing Sky6, and maybe even start next season with double figured points after 11 matches 😀