Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

11 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

They have to play us yet

By the time that game comes around, the result may not make a difference to them.

Possibly.more us needing 3 points to beat out Pool or Tottenham , both of which have also started showing signs of life.

It's a nice change for us Villa fans to be excited about the possibility. Although I am wary of thinking you're going to win the race despite knowing everyone else has just pitted and your tyres are over worn. 

Some overreaction on here today.  Wolves have been awful, Brighton have been very good but it’s one game.  Brighton have shown they have flaws recently and still have a packed schedule with some hard games.  We are playing extremely well but also have some hard games.  This win for Brighton doesn’t make it more likely in my mind they will beat us to league position, it was always going to be hard, it’s just Wolves opened their doors today.  

If we do our business in the remaining games I still think it’ll be enough as I think others will slip a bit.  If we don’t do our bit then we won’t get Europe, it’s as a simple as that.

I bet Brighton fans thought the same about us when we smashed Newcastle, we looked unstoppable.  Both are one game each that got us both 3 points, no more, no less.  

Still plenty of games to go, challenges, bumps…look after ourselves and I think we’ll get enough.

People, just chill!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jayEm said:

If we win all our fixtures we finish sixth. Until that is no longer the case that has to be our aim. This team is capable of it.

Realistically we will drop points though. We won't beat Liverpool and Man Utd away. We have the hardest games left of anyone

• Like 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Realistically we will drop points though. We won't beat Liverpool and Man Utd away. We have the hardest games left of anyone

You can’t say that, you just don’t know.  We have shown we are capable of doing just that.  They have shown they can lose.  Let’s play the matches and see, but to say we won’t beat them goes against everything we have seen under Emery.  I’m far from saying we will beat them but we are in a very good place to match them on the pitch so that’s a start.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean I expect we will too, I just mean I'm not bothering too much with permutations and writing games off while it's still in our hands

26 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Us or spurs for 7th I reckon. Shouldn’t be disappointed with 8th, but it will feel disappointing!

Won't get Europe if we finish 8th.

It's like finishing 4th in a 100 metre race

It would be hugely disappointing.

Edited by Pinebro

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate I think people are clutching at straws that Brighton are going to suddenly be shit.

We need to accept the are a very good team, I don't think they fear any team and can pull off a result against any in the League on their day.

All we can do is try to keep winning/staying unbeaten.

I don’t think they’re suddenly going to be shit. They wouldn’t be in the position they find themselves in if they weren’t a great squad. I just think their fixture congestion that includes the 4 CL teams could wear them down a bit. I agree though that the only thing we can worry about is to just keep winning.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I don’t think they’re suddenly going to be shit. They wouldn’t be in the position they find themselves in if they weren’t a great squad. I just think their fixture congestion that includes the 4 CL teams could wear them down a bit. I agree though that the only thing we can worry about is to just keep winning.

Believe my I'm " hopeful " but also realistic.

As I always mention, Emery has seemingly been destroying obstacles which never seemed possible every single week.

Let's see!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Brighton still have to play Man City and Arsenal. Are people seriously suggesting they won't drop points?

Idiots.

We still have united liverpool and spurs. We are going to drop points tok thats the problem

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We still have united liverpool and spurs. We are going to drop points tok thats the problem

Brighton also have United, and Newcastle.

Spurs are the least threatening outfit in the top half at the moment. 

It's a mega overreaction to them beating a wolves team that are now 99% safe and on the beach

Brentford winning is maybe a positive in that they still have something to play for and with them having Liverpool and Spurs to come means they could still cause them problems. Even if Brentford win every remaining game our rivals would be dropping points.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I could see us finishing 8th or 9th now to be honest.

I think it'll be 8th, although tbf I've thought that for a while now. Would still be our best season in 13 years, and that's with the Slippy G handicap.

• Like 2