Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Reminds me of when we scrambled clear under Sherwood and once safe lost 6-1 at Southampton.

That's only defence, if involved in relegation battle all season then pretty much confirm safety and the intensity levels dramatically drop the next game.

Not like we're going to finish above Brighton on GD so they might aswell win this 40-0.

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

WOW Brighton are risking this big time by leaving their best 3 players on the bench.
FA Cup run might of ruined their European Hopes. 

So happy Stevenage beat us! Thankyou Stevenage.

🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton left likes of McCalister and Mitoma on the bench so I really wouldn't say their 11 is that much better to Wolves side with likes of Neves in it.

Wolves won't be on the beach this time next week's that is for sure.

No, I agree. What I would say though is that they are much better coached as a team than wolves are. They are far better than the sum of their parts. Whereas wolves are the sum of their parts.

5 hours ago, RichW said:

Start of 3 home games in a row for Brighton today. Expect them to get 9/9 points from those games so if they do drop any points it would be a bonus. Think possibly Everton might be able to get a 0-0 there but think Wolves and Man Utd will be comfortable wins for them. 

Brighton were always gonna show a reaction to the week they’ve had though didn’t expect them to be so comfortable at half time when I saw that line up. Still a very good team. Pretty sure they would have seen these 3 home games as all winnable. 

Key players rested for them for Man Utd in mid -week so again think they will go and win that game.

I will only start worrying about Brighton’s results if they somehow manage to nick a win in them 2 away games against Newcastle and Arsenal as I just don’t see them getting anything there. 

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

5-0 Brighton are going to be a problem.

Might be us or Spurs for 7th.

Not only that but wolves are getting humiliated and will want to do a hell of a lot better in their next game…….

against us 

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Us or spurs for 7th I reckon. Shouldn’t be disappointed with 8th, but it will feel disappointing!

8th always been the most likely in the end in honesty.

However, this doesn't rule out finishing higher of course.

We shouldn't be dissappointed as you say, and it's almost unfair on Unai, if he never started from so far behind, we'd potentially be solidified up there already ffs.

• Like 2