Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

We need the following to top off my saturday

Chelsea 1 Brighton 1 ( 1 player each sent off please)

Everton 0 Fulham 0 ( couple injuries for Fulham please)

Wolves 1 Brentford 0

Spurs 1 Bournemouth 3 ( kane injured please)

Man City 5 Leicester 1

Sunday 

Span 2 arse 2

Forest 2 man u 1

Monday

Leeds 3 poo 1

Edited by brummybloke

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What a difference a month makes. We were 11th. Now we're 11 points above Chelsea. 

I cannot believe it’s turned round so much that I’m looking at the table hoping Chelsea beat Brighton today…

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 12:12, HalfTimePost said:

If we can get a win this weekend it really is all systems go. I know we have United, Liverpool and Spurs but Newcastle could easily be our most difficult game left. 

Somehow get 3 points from Newcastle - and then if they draw with Spurs the following week - would be perfect.

It's very unlikely (as we play Newcastle/Brentford and they play Bournemouth) but possible we go into the final 6 games 1 point behind Spurs, with us still to play them at Villa Park.

👀

Taking it game at a time changes everything. Huge games this week before our tough game against Brentford. Hopefully Chelsea beat Brighton, while Spurs, Liverpool and Utd losing. Won’t be easy. Hope Brentford and Fulham don’t win aswell. If we catch Man Utd I assume we should have a better GD. Most of those teams play each other, Chelsea have a big say in this race aswell. (I’m talking about all European places).

United are going to choke. Look at what happened against Sevilla in midweek and now they have to play Maguire :D.They are catchable and we are definitely going to finish above Spuds.

It's between us and the Barcodes for 3rd.

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You lot can happily chat away in the other thread if you like, I’ll stick to this one. 

Would you bet against us?

We have unbelievable momentum. Teams around us will be nervous yet there's no real pressure on us, only from ourselves. We just don't look like getting beat. Top 4 is a long shot but the chance is there for sure.

7 games left. 5 wins in a row.  8 unbeaten. Top Top Form. Took so called 3rd place(Newcastle) to School today.

Lovely 2 fixtures for us next in Brentford and Fulham. 

Don't believe those saying we have the toughest fixtures. Don't believe those saying we're outperforming the xG bollocks. Don't believe those saying we're 'lucky'
Villa are getting Europe!

Top 4 has to be the aim, if anything just to keep us competitive for Europe. Massive ask but NUFC have spurs soon and some relegation teams - I honestly think we've destroyed their psychology today. 

• Like 1