Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

We have signed a player to play in a position we don’t really need, from a Wolves team that are happy to see him go. 

Sorry for not being too excited. 

During his ‘welcome’ interview, he wasn’t asked at all about SG, he only mentioned ‘great manager’ at the bottom of the list of things he liked about the club and no comment from SG on the announcement on the OS. 100% NOT a Gerrard signing and very clear now that it’s over for the clown…..and why the hell is he posting clips of himself playing for England on his IG on a night when we are signing at least 2 new players. I cannot see that he will still be manager by the start of next week. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Probably not a good sign that when you type "fbref" followed by his name into google that it doesn't auto complete until you've typed "leander dendo" into it... but hey, ho. I know literally nothing about him.  Fbref seems to say he's average...:

Screenshot_20220901-211811_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a631e374aa72e0e4f6e75010a590004c.jpg

I literally have no idea what all this means....sorry.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I literally have no idea what all this means....sorry.

No need to apologise. The basic is that the percentile shows where he sits in comparison with other midfielders.  Green is good (better than most other mids), red is bad (worse than most other mids). If he is in the middle then he's better than as many midfielders as he's worse than.

Obviously, you have defensive midfielders and attacking midfielders, so anyone at the top percentile of the defensive stats (in the bottom section) is naturally more likely to be at the bottom percentile of the offensive stats (in the top section).

In summary for leander.  He's very good at blocks, decent in the air and pressuring, but pretty bad at tackling and intercepting (especially so considering he's a defensive midfielder).

His pass completion is relatively good, but none of it is progressive and he doesn't actually attempt to pass that much anyway.

He's about average across the board for goals and assists.

Overall, he's a slightly better Nakamba I think 

Edited by MrBlack

Plenty of things about the club are shit at the moment but this is a fantastic bit of business. If utilised correctly, which I have absolutely no faith in whatsoever under the current manager, along with Kamara we have a bit of solidity in our spine for the first time in god knows how long. 

We have to stop the opposition from waltzing through our midfield like a midnight piss in the snow, he would be straight into the team if it was my choice. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, eholm said:

During his ‘welcome’ interview, he wasn’t asked at all about SG, he only mentioned ‘great manager’ at the bottom of the list of things he liked about the club and no comment from SG on the announcement on the OS. 100% NOT a Gerrard signing and very clear now that it’s over for the clown…..and why the hell is he posting clips of himself playing for England on his IG on a night when we are signing at least 2 new players. I cannot see that he will still be manager by the start of next week. 

That's quite interesting that no comment from Gerrard about the signing. Think that's quite unusual. We'll see, they might add something tomorrow. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Seems like a desperate signing to me. Super underwhelming. 

Completely disagree. Not an inspiring "marquee" signing, but a sensible addition to the squad at a good price. Don't expect him to be a key player, but got no issues with him being here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

No need to apologise. The basic is that the percentile shows where he sits in comparison with other midfielders.  Green is good (better than most other mids), red is bad (worse than most other mids). If he is in the middle then he's better than as many midfielders as he's worse than.

Obviously, you have defensive midfielders and attacking midfielders, so anyone at the top percentile of the defensive stats (in the bottom section) is naturally more likely to be at the bottom percentile of the offensive stats (in the top section).

In summary for leander.  He's very good at blocks, decent in the air and pressuring, but pretty bad at tackling and intercepting (especially so considering he's a defensive midfielder).

His pass completion is relatively good, but none of it is progressive and he doesn't actually attempt to pass that much anyway.

He's about average across the board for goals and assists.

Overall, he's a slightly better Nakamba I think 

Thanks for the clarification. I am now officially underwhelmed!

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

That's quite interesting that no comment from Gerrard about the signing. Think that's quite unusual. We'll see, they might add something tomorrow. 

Possibly…..but he clearly has had no conversations with SG or else the interviewer would have asked him the stock question about ‘playing for Steven Gerrard and ‘what did he say to you’ etc etc. Just a very vague generic interview with no specifics at all. We live in hope 🤞

• Like 1

Â