Weekends Football 26/28 August

andykeenan

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

What's happened to Chuckwuemeka,s playing time at Chelsea? He didn't even make the bench today.

🤔unless you are being funny, I don't understand the question. He barely got playing time at Villa, he's probably 6 injuries away from the first team at Chelsea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Joke that decision to rule out a third palace goal, what the hell has he done wrong? Last I checked it’s not a ‘foul’ to try and block a pass, this game’s a total joke sometimes.

I assume that actively blocking a keeper throwing the ball out is a foul in the same way that it is when a keeper kicks the ball out from his hands.

I don’t really have an issue with that being a foul either. I don’t think the game would be better if we encouraged strikers to constantly try to block the keeper from releasing the ball all game.

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Joke that decision to rule out a third palace goal, what the hell has he done wrong? Last I checked it’s not a ‘foul’ to try and block a pass, this game’s a total joke sometimes.

It is a foul when it’s the keeper trying to release the ball (with his hands). You are not allowed to interfere with him.

I remember Martinez getting the benefit of that for us one time but can’t remember who it was against. 

50 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It is a foul when it’s the keeper trying to release the ball (with his hands). You are not allowed to interfere with him.

I remember Martinez getting the benefit of that for us one time but can’t remember who it was against. 

I am sure it was the Brentford game last season 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

I assume that actively blocking a keeper throwing the ball out is a foul in the same way that it is when a keeper kicks the ball out from his hands.

I don’t really have an issue with that being a foul either. I don’t think the game would be better if we encouraged strikers to constantly try to block the keeper from releasing the ball all game.

We've seen players penalised for blocking a keeper releasing a ball, this isn't one of those instances.

It's nowhere near Ederdon, the ball is clearly back in play.

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Forest looks well drilled. Little to open when they defend but at least they are giving it a go. Supporters getting a great show. 

Reminds me of us when we first came up. 

I think us, Bournemouth and Everton are the worst looking teams in the league right now.

Â