Footnall At The Weekend, August 19-22

rjw63

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

He's American and has always been known as a high presser. Not the suicidal man on man pressing Bielsa is known for though. 

He had a horrible stint at RBL so it was a huge gamble going for him. Looks like he actually put his preseason to good use. 

Oh is he?

My bad, but you get the drift I guess.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh is he?

My bad, but you get the drift I guess.

I do. They had built a team for a certain setup and did the prudent thing by choosing a manager of the same philosophy. 

We went for a name and our squad is still years away from being setup properly for him. 

Workrate of every single player is impressive. A team that look like they believe in their manager and what he wants them to do. I long for the day we play with intensity and with our hearts on our sleeve

A club in a crisis back end of last season, sold their best 2 players, and already look miles clear of us 3 games into the next season. 

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

sold their best 2 players

Don't buy this really, factually true but Phillips isn't worth an entirely new midfield and the statements of 'sold their best players, barely avoided the drop last year' is proper Graeme Souness level of analysis.

Raphinha is an irreplaceable world class player but our squad had so many holes we're a lot better with 5 new bodies.

• Like 3

Us, Everton and Bournemouth probably currently look the poorest sides in the League based on showings and current form.

Which is worrying, obviously still alot of time for that to change but still.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Us, Everton and Bournemouth probably currently look the poorest sides in the League based on showings and current form.

Which is worrying, obviously still alot of time for that to change 

Agreed. 

Looks the worst teams in the league at this moment in time. 

11 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Don't buy this really, factually true but Phillips isn't worth an entirely new midfield and the statements of 'sold their best players, barely avoided the drop last year' is proper Graeme Souness level of analysis.

Raphinha is an irreplaceable world class player but our squad had so many holes we're a lot better with 5 new bodies.

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Klich, Dallas, Forshaw and Tyler Roberts were found out as championship players last season. Their recruitment this summer has been clever.

2-0 Brighton, Potter's got that team proper organised. Hasn't got any big names, lost big players, still a great team, they just all know there job, midfield is the main part of the team, unlike ours.

Leeds even looking good with there team of cloggers. 3-0

Â