Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Just now, AV82 said:

Hint: the players aren’t the issue.

Yes they are - at least they are partly.  McGinn's passing is dreadful.  His close control is poor.  He's spent the best part of 2 seasons failing to track back when players run past him.  He is a lower PL player.  He's not the only one.

On the flip side - Dean lost his job for not sorting out our midfield.  And unless Gerrard pulls a rabbit out of the hat in the next week and a bit - he's going to lose his job for not sorting out our midfield.  The next manager needs to sign players who provide us with the ability to compete in the middle of the park otherwise they will also be sacked.

I think the majority of Gerrard's signings have improved us - but his decision to make McGinn captain is baffling.  Shortly followed by playing JJ and McGinn and then wondering why we have no control.  And then having Konsa start three matches this season.

I think we are somewhere between 9th - 12th on paper but we need a couple of tremendous signings this week to get there.  Unless Gerrard does that then I can't see him being here at Christmas.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Most people were happy with the team?

Two quick examples are playing Buendia on the left, who is subsequently drifting inside and leaving a massive gap, and favouring Konsa over Chambers.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I would love to hear the reasoning behind the Ings sub. Hopefully the manager doesn't take the head off the reporter who has the nerve to ask.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PL GOALS DANNY HAS SCORED?

Another week, the usual picture. Viera stood up shouting, guiding and encouraging. Our stupid Representative for Wellingborough is just sat there sulking, slumped back in his chair again. **** off, pal. 

Gerrard out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

You do realise there are 100s if not 1000s of people on here each with their own opinion?

Its not one person flip flapping between opinions, the whole “fickle” shite only ever seems to be thrown around by the same people that get their panties in a twist when people dare say a shit performance has been shit.

Yep but if you look at the posts prior to KO most people were waiting ( hoping ) for this performance. 
Massive difference between debate and pure negativity.