Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

I never wanted him here and have criticised him from the off. I was ridiculed for wanting him sacked at the end of last season and now I and many others have been proved right. Too many fans have blind faith and can't see what is going on under their noses. The same fans that supported McLeish, Lambert, Bruce, Smith etc. until it became as plain as the nose on their face that they were shit. No more British managers!

• Like 2

Getting Kamara was a good move,  as was Chambers for free and Carlos for that fee.

However, Coutinho looks like he's done a mate a favour and is no better than our record signing that he's been ahead of and Digne, well, I just do not/did not see the logic in that one. We made a gross loss on a player that was a few years older and earning probably double the money of a player he appears to not be better than. 

I knew our style of play under Smith but,  I have no idea what we are trying to do under Gerrard. I'm not sure he's the answer at all and cannot see us going far with him as manager. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

That took the biscuit for me.....I can't defend that display, it was turgid.

It wasn't too disimilar to the Bournemouth debacle.....these are not one- off's guys.

This is serious stuff, now.

We simply cannot cope with any team intent on pressing us.....what skill we have got, goes out of the window.

How many of their players, would have interested us, if they was available for sale......shows clearly lesser players, showing us the way home.

It’s the coaching and set up, we are superior in every other department. A decent manager would have us around the top two after these 3 games

15 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Didn't deserve anything out of that game, but i have to say that is an absolute joke of a decision for the penalty.

Difficult to know where to start today.

Martinez's distribution was woeful, Digne and Cash poor both defensively and in attacking situations, Cash's choice of a final ball is poor, Mings and Konsa looked liked accidents waiting to happen, Mings has to do better for the 3rd.

Midfield, pass, all awful, not good enough on the ball, don't keep it well enough, dont' move it quick enough. Neither Sansom or Luiz are an improvement either.

Bailey, too lightweight, always looking for a free kick. Has quality though.

Buendia, when he got the ball he was our best player, not enough options when he had it though.

Watkins, always breaks down when it is played up to him.

Gerrard. I'm uncomfortable with replacing a manager after less than 3 months. I like the players he has brought in, i think some of the players he inherited are not as good as we think they are. We had nobody in the final 1/3rd anywhere near the quality of Zaha or Eze.

I emphatically believe that......but not much else is right either.....There are elements of our play, you would expect any manager to fix, and he hasn't.....The defensive contribution is dog breath.

It is extremely hard to defend him after that.......but I think something, is drastically wrong.......We have brought in 1 first team player from finishing 14th....one is an unfortunate injury and the other was already here.

I am shocked, that it has come to this.

I think there is more to it, than meets the eye.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Play the team at pace like we did first half against man City and we do look electric. For some reason Gerrard don't see this? We are so slow and ponderous, he'll lose the dressing room soon enough, they have no idea out there.

Yep. Fast paced uptempo football is what suits our players so why the **** do we keep starting mcginn. 

• Thanks 1

Games are only gonna get harder from now.

We've had a very kind opening fixture list and barely managed to scrape through a win against an Everton team who can barely field a centre forward.

Don't even wanna think about what an Arsenal will do to us.

We could easily find ourselves sitting on 3 points after 6 games. Worrying.

Edited by Pinebro

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I emphatically believe that......but not much else is right either.....There are elements of our play, you would expect any manager to fix, and he hasn't.....The defensive contribution is dog breath.

It is extremely hard to defend him after that.......but I think something, is drastically wrong.......We have brought in 1 first team player from finishing 14th....one is an unfortunate injury and the other was already here.

I am shocked, that it has come to this.

I think there is more to it, than meets the eye.

What do you think is going on? 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

It’s the coaching and set up, we are superior in every other department. A decent manager would have us around the top two after these 3 games

I think its more than that.....but not saying the coaching is ok.

so what are all the coaches saying to him....surely McAllister, can see it.

The tragedy now is, its the whole team, thats affected.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Someone here guessed that Purslow would sign an expensive midfielder before the window shuts to try and save his appointed manager. Be interesting to see if that’s the case, if so SG will at least stay until the World Cup.

De jongs still available

That was awful. A shambolic performance from a group of players who have had little or no worthwhile coaching.

It is not the players. It is the manager and his coaching staff.

There is no improvement. You cannot just buy good players and let them do their thing. It doesn't work.

He is not the man for the `project'.

If he is not sacked now, short of a miracle, he most assuredly will be by Christmas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think its more than that.....but not saying the coaching is ok.

so what are all the coaches saying to him....surely McAllister, can see it.

The tragedy now is, its the whole team, thats affected.

But this isn't new to the Villa,the previous incumbent got the sack for the same performances,I would have expected an experienced ex England midfielder to recognize what's wrong and fix it,but sadly,he doesn't seem able to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope he does walk.

Because when we want to sack him it will cost us around £20m to get rid of him and his back room clowns.

I have to say.....That performance has shocked me in one way....but not in another.

I never thought he would preside over that, when he joined us.....but now I don't see it changing, even if we sign players, I think its too late.

That display, was some, performance to swallow....that was relegation form.

Just now, TRO said:

I have to say.....That performance has shocked me in one way....but not in another.

I never thought he would preside over that, when he joined us.....but now I don't see it changing, even if we sign players, I think its too late.

That display, was some, performance to swallow....that was relegation form.

Really you couldn't see this coming? The Bournemouth performance was actually worse.

• Like 2

Well well well, i warned the happy bunch last week after Everton that we did not play that great and we would get beat by palace… this result wasn’t a shock to me as per, we were completely destroyed in the midfield and outdone almost every time in defence… it was a horrible game to watch we were getting bombarded everywhere.

We only actually looked more stable when Luiz came on believe it or not 😂 who looked tidy … Bailey was unlucky in his strike but he is just not direct enough going forward.. digne was having a nightmare and the list goes on… not strong enough and not enough height in the team… we need to sign a CENTRAL MID ASAP!! 

To all the guys that were happy with the squad going in to the new season what bloody team have you been monitoring this summer because we are WAY OFF !! 

Â