Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

Terrible. As bad a performance as I can remember 

Gerrard seems to have no clue. ( Minor in our woes, but taking the captaincy off Mings was a massive own goal. Mings disgruntled and McGinn no captain )

We need at least three new quality players in

We are a bottom half team, possibly a relegation zone team!

• Like 2

I gave Luiz MOM for replacing McGinn. The Manager(if you can call him that) very poor or alternatively 0-10. F****** useless is currently how I see our manager. Oh....he's great at saying the right stuff in front of the camera, but it's bloody obvious he hasn't a clue on how to get the best out of this squad. Get rid before the season is written off again.

• Like 2

I was reading the Gerrard in / out poll this morning and was surprised to see 66% of our fans want him to stay. That was before this latest debacle. 

What more do we need to see to realise we are being managed by a complete charlatan. This is only going to get worse the longer he stays. 

This result and performance was utterly predictable; same midfield starting, get dominated in midfield, concede several goals to trail heavily, refuse to change the midfield until the game is lost. As predictable as night follows day.

We are totally clueless and inept in so many ways, all over the pitch. That has to be on the manager. We need Gerrard out now before we are stuck in a real relegation scrap.  

Luiz is so much better than McGinn. 

• Like 1

Decent:  Buendia, Cash, Martinez
Okay:  Mings
Poor:  Konsa, Kamara, Watkins, Bailey, Ramsey, Gerrard
Unbelievably bad:  Digne, McGinn

Palace had a team of moderate players all playing at their best. Villa had a team of decent players playing below their best. Go figure !

Edited by Paul33

Absolutely awful. Proper, proper, total and utter dogshit.

Martinez is about the only player to come out of that with any credit. Could have been 5+ if not for him.

Cash wasn't bad, made the best he could of it. Probably our best outfield player today.

Konsa looks half the player he was. Chambers has to start.

Digne looks like a downgrade on Targett. Really poor again.

Another poor performance from McGinn. Making him captain, and therefore undroppable, feels like a real mistake.

Ramsey largely anonymous as was Kamara.

Buendia did well. Justified his start and should continue to start.

Bailey anonymous.

Watkins had no real service as we were so utterly dominated in midfield.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

A soulless loss. Nothing to say really. Individually both our full backs got their asses handed to them, our midfielders did nothing, and so did our attackers.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Everything about Gerrard has been said but defensively we are a complete joke. Panicking constantly, cant clear it, opened up for fun, no composure.

Oh and we look toothless in the final third and our crossing is abysmal.

Apart from that, we were okay ?

Can't defend, can't press, can't pass, can't create, awful at set pieces at both ends.  Virtually the whole squad now going backwards in terms of performance levels. Could well concede 20 in the next 4 games imo. Inexcusably bad performance again.

Can't see us turning this around, so with the 3 promoted sides looking quite useful, I fully expect us to be in relegation trouble 😢

• Like 4

Here's the gist of it:

Even in the first half, the commentators were talking about how poor we are in midfield.

Half time - Gerrard does nothing.

Watching us try to play out from the back was like a broken record: Ball goes to Mings, Mings plays back to Martinez as there is not 1 out-ball to our midfield. Martinez is under pressure so lumps it up/out. Rinse and repeat for every goal kick, offside, foul.

Gerrard does nothing.

Palace score a penalty

Gerrard brings on Ings for Bailey

Palace score again

It's the 75th minute. Now Gerrard brings on Luiz for McGinn.

Our midfield immediately looks better and we are able to play out from the back - but the game is already gone.

He has 7 more games to get us working. On this masterclass, I suspect he won't

• Like 1

I don’t even think Martinez was good really, his distribution was painful (but that initial penalty save was great).

We did improve slightly when Dougie came on for McGinn.

But overall, still no trace of a functioning system. We blame the players but even the best player wouldn’t look good in this setup. They’re doing what Gerrard tells them.

• Like 2

What's that quote, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome? Played the exact way for 60 mins, then reverted to Plan A2 after that. Clueless and predictable.

• Like 1

This was a truly atrocious display. I'm at a loss for words really (not really. No solidity in defence, no real ideas going forward and a midfield that keeps getting overrun. They were physically much stronger and footballing wise much better. It's not just Gerrard though, it's the squad as well. 

• Like 1

Â