Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It's mostly cack. Too uncertain and beggy.

No it’s not. Second game of the season, 62% possession and look much the better despite lacking a cutting edge. Give it time.

The main concern is the vulnerability, but we are not as familiar with owning possession so turnover recovery is not something we are that used to?

4 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Yep,  but remember haters will be haters,  they've already tied there colours to the mast,  and just awaiting to have a dig,  McGinn could score an hattrick and then give the ball away once and they'll be on him like flys to shite,  same with most of our players unless there not the new season flavour. 

Hate these posts, mostly cause your talking bollocks.

We wanna win games by all players putting a shift in and earning there extortionate salaries, that's it.

Just now, Genie said:

I think ok is fair.

I don’t think there’s neutral fans watching this thinking Villa are playing well.

Were 1 - 0 up at home against the 2nd worst away side in the division last season.

This is the bare minimum i was expecting so not going to get carried away.

The only way we lose this or draw is if we screw it up. 

• Like 2

Like last week, Phil isn't going to be able to do much against two banks of 5. We have to get the ball to him in pockets of space before they settle into their defensive shape, midfield has to be more alert in terms of support and movement.

4 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Yep,  but remember haters will be haters,  they've already tied there colours to the mast,  and just awaiting to have a dig,  McGinn could score an hattrick and then give the ball away once and they'll be on him like flys to shite,  same with most of our players unless there not the new season flavour. 

Erm no. McGinn has actually given the ball away with his over the top through ball on 4 occasions which resulted in 3 of them with Everton going up the pitch whereby had they a striker they could have made something from it.

However he’s had one moment in the game which resulted in the goal. So credit for that. 

A team like Villa can’t afford these turnovers in possession so often especially against better teams as we’ll concede.

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Kamaras a 50 million pound midfielder. 

i will confess to the limitations of an american mind.  and my first thought was that "I thought he looked pretty trim and slight, not overweight at all"  😂

• Haha 1

Were lucky Everton came out and we scored on a breakaway in the first half.

If they sat deep with a low block and didn't come past the half way line i don't think we would score if we played for 180 minutes.

Edited by AshVilla